PCBull14

OCS!!!

713 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Would probably be an interesting poll of ALL season ticket holders to find what they would be willing to do. Put several questions on their renewal statements.

Preference -       A(OCS)    B(RayJay)

If you chose (A) above. Additional amount per ticket -  A($10)  B($25)  C($50)   D($100).

 

 

I think this is a great idea!  I'm one of the OCS idiots so I'd go option A and unless my financial situation changes I'd go option D and could maybe stretch that.  

To me the OCS isn't about driving attendance...you may get a few more students that attend but it probably wouldn't change the non student attendance much.  For me, it's like Memphis says, it's about creating a more pure college football atmosphere and like CCS says it's your home.  College football is meant to played on campus.  I'll continue to have season tickets and donate even if we never build an OCS because I love my Bulls, but if it all possible and if the University is serious about taking the next step as a program an OCS is a must.

When I see FIU, FAU and UCF all play their games in an OCS, I say why not USF and I'm glad that apparently CCS feels the same.

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UofMemphis said:

After going to games like Memphis @ Ole Miss, Memphis @ Miss State, and even Memphis @ USM...I can honestly tell you you're wrong...there's nothing like football game day on a FBS college campus.

I agree, but I don't know if that difference is worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I've been to Georgia vs. Tennessee, Georgia vs. Auburn, GT vs FSU, GT vs Clemson ... and many more.  And I'm not bothered by the USF game day experience at Ray Jay.

So I simply reject your assertions that game day experience is "not college football."

You just don't want to give up your cup holder.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brybull1970 said:

I agree, but I don't know if that difference is worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Build the Stadium!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Funny, I'd prefer the old Big East to the current conference. We were still that start up back then and by your logic Ray Jay was ok for us then but now that we are in a second tier conference it's not ok for us? 

I've been to USF games where Ray Jay was electric; but you know we were a start up then compared to now so...

Crying over the Big East is like Memphis fans crying over the Metro Conference...pointless as those days are long gone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

Crying over the Big East is like Memphis fans crying over the Metro Conference...pointless as those days are long gone.

No one's is crying. I'm just pointing out a flaw in your logic that now that we have a shot at access bowls we need an OCS but when we had a shot at actual National Championships Ray Jay was fine and dandy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 206BULL said:

No one's is crying. I'm just pointing out a flaw in your logic that now that we have a shot at access bowls we need an OCS but when we had a shot at actual National Championships Ray Jay was fine and dandy.

There is no flaw as USF never consistently sold out Ray Jay...even in the 'mighty' BE...USF was just an upstart who went from D1 Indy to BCS conference in 5 years...that's the definition of upstart program...now you're in a position of stability in the AAC coming off back to back bowls.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

There is no flaw as USF never consistently sold out Ray Jay...even in the 'mighty' BE...USF was just an upstart who went from D1 Indy to BCS conference in 5 years...that's the definition of upstart program...now you're in a position of stability in the AAC coming off back to back bowls.

 

52 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

...you're in the AAC where teams can earn Peach and Fiesta Bowl bids...

Sure as **** seemes like you're saying because we are in the AAC we need an OCS here. I was just pointing out we've been in better conferences and played in Ray Jay at a time when you seemed it was ok for us to be playing there. Seems flawed to me but what do I know about USF, crowds at Ray Jay and what the school should put the money I donate to it every year towards? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Build the Stadium!

Where does the money come from?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I thought it was the amateur nature and the love of the game that made it college football!!!

Image result for donald trump wrong

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Where does the money come from?

Same as FAU and UCF. From corporate naming right, seat licenses, luxury box sales, and an increase in student fees. (from your base of over 45,000 students)

and of course, ticket sales.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

 

Sure as **** seemes like you're saying because we are in the AAC we need an OCS here. I was just pointing out we've been in better conferences and played in Ray Jay at a time when you seemed it was ok for us to be playing there. Seems flawed to me but what do I know about USF, crowds at Ray Jay and what the school should put the money I donate to it every year towards? 

ah, more hostility. you would be incorrect as I was simply pointing out your are now stable in the AAC as opposed to bouncing around from Indy to CUSA to the BE to the AAC.

the fact you buy season tickets or give money doesn't make you the sole arbiter of opinions when it comes to USF athletics, nor does it alter my opinion that USF would be better served by an on-campus stadium built on land USF already owns.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would have thought that the strongest OCS proponent on this board is a Memphis fan...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UofMemphis said:

ah, more hostility. you would be incorrect as I was simply pointing out your are now stable in the AAC as opposed to bouncing around from Indy to CUSA to the BE to the AAC.

the fact you buy season tickets or give money doesn't make you the sole arbiter of opinions when it comes to USF athletics, nor does it alter my opinion that USF would be better served by an on-campus stadium built on land USF already owns.

Question. Does U Memphis own the Liberty Bowl & is it located on your Campus?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

Who would have thought that the strongest OCS proponent on this board is a Memphis fan...

it's because we want one, and can't have one...

 

Just now, TyBull said:

Question. Does U Memphis own the Liberty Bowl & is it located on your Campus?

nope, Memphis does not have room on campus...as I've stated we have the 'Park Ave Campus' where other athletic fields are, but it's still 1 mile from the main campus, while the Liberty Bowl is only 2 miles away.

so essentially Memphis would be paying 100 million to move to a stadium that's still a mile from campus.

(link with pics)

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/110490-ocs/?do=findComment&comment=1522486

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now