• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lightning Playoffs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Teams rarely talk about specific injuries, or non injuries, in the NHL playoffs until series are over ... I don't think they're messing with Chicago, just really think they don't know what his status will be for tomorrow.

Agreed. Not like Chicago's really going to change their game plan based on who's in the crease.
I don't know about that. Big difference between Bishop and a 20 year old kid making his first playoff start in the Finals. He's also smaller than Bishop.

I would expect for chicago to attack more with the rookie in net.

Edited by Leviathan

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Teams rarely talk about specific injuries, or non injuries, in the NHL playoffs until series are over ... I don't think they're messing with Chicago, just really think they don't know what his status will be for tomorrow.

Agreed. Not like Chicago's really going to change their game plan based on who's in the crease.
I don't know about that. Big difference between Bishop and a 20 year old kid making his first playoff start in the Finals. He's also smaller than Bishop.

I would expect for chicago to attack more with the rookie in net.

Maybe.  

Read in Chicago Sun-Times in an article that has a couple B-hawks players that are coming back from being inactive, that Bishop participated in the morning skate, and was first off the ice ... it said that usually indicates that night's starting goalie.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/672195/bryan-bickell-back-bout-vertigo-van-riemsdyk 

Helluva game tonight. That last goal tonight was one of the more beautiful ones they've had throughout the playoffs. Would love to see them go back to Tampa with a chance to win the Cup in front of the home crowd.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

That is a huge win as it guarantees a split in chicago and gives the lightning home ice advantage. I'd love to see them take both in chicago and end it in 5 but getting the guaranteed split is huge 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

I think one of the  major unsung heroes of all the playoffs has been J T Brown .... Would not be surprised if he plays a Paquette type role in a game before this is over.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

That third line has really picked up with Callahan and Paquette showing up big in the last few games. If Tyler Johnson has another multi-goal game on Wednesday this series is over. When the triplets are red hot no one is going to stop them.

Cooper has really fixed Tampa's defense too-they weren't so good just a few seasons ago and now they're really playing well. Used to be if we didn't have an elite goalie like Khabibulin, we weren't going anywhere. Glad this team is so young-win this cup and we could potentially see a dynasty situation developing as the Bolts can only get better. 

• Downvote 1

I think one of the  major unsung heroes of all the playoffs has been J T Brown .... Would not be surprised if he plays a Paquette type role in a game before this is over.

That pass he had to Paquette (I think it was) early in the 3rd, to set up a one-on-one vs. Crawford was a thing of beauty.  I thought he was going to score but like the announcer said, the puck was still on its side bouncing around and he lost it.  

I'm definitely also impressed with Brown, he seems like a smart player.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

If the LIghtning win these series they will have beaten 4 of the original 6 teams in the NHL to do so.  Thats pretty cool in itself right there if you ask me.

I have a feeling they take 2 in Chicago..

Beating 3 original six teams is already a record in itself, right?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

Beating 3 original six teams is already a record in itself, right?

I think so ...