• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Major Importance (Publix related)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

**** fire house and their ****** multi flavor but single nozzle soda dispensers

My wife was part of the development team at Coke for the Freestyle machine. At the time they were developing it, it was top secret, she couldn't even tell me what they were doing.

I think they're cool machines, but from a restaurant operations perspective, I've often wondered how much of a pain they are. Those things must have 50+ cartridges of flavor syrup somewhere, that have to be managed. I assume the machine's electronics monitor each cartridge and stop displaying the flavor and notify the operator when a cartridge is empty. How large are the cartridges, and how many drinks do you get before they have to be swapped out? I assume there are at least two sizes, as coke and diet coke need to be much larger than strawberry fanta...

Side note, back in 2002 I led a project to convert over 1 million coke machines from Coca Cola Japan into cell towers and wifi hotspots. We were going to turn Coke into the world's largest MVNO overnight. For a number of reasons the proposal wasn't accepted in the end, but that was going to be one hell of a project.

How were you going to backhaul the traffic from the coke machines?

Over the existing NTT Docomo cellular network. The architecture was a thing of beauty, but a severe capital shortage turned ugly

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Those subs are good enough to fight for, apparently.

<edited-out video link>

Had to be Orlando.

Keeping it classy in every way.

Two guys got in a fight, send the news truck for a local!! Orlando, indeed. :facepalm:

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Those subs are good enough to fight for, apparently.

<edited-out video link>

Had to be Orlando.

Keeping it classy in every way.

Two guys got in a fight, send the news truck for a local!! Orlando, indeed. :facepalm:

Never know when someone is gonna go all Zimmerman on your ass.

Back on topic, anyone tried the portobello prosciutto sub? I'm inclined to stick with the classics.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Now on the third page, I find it interesting baffling no one had an issue with the title including "Woulard" and "waver" in such close proximity. ;)

In all seriousness, today I had my first ever chicken tender sub from Publix. I wasn't that impressed. I usually go for the Italian or Ultimate but wanted to mix it up a bit. I didn't go with the buffalo sauce either, was that a mistake?

Edited by Sellular1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

Chicken tender subs are overrated. They taste great and are very filling, no doubt, but at least one bite per half you get pure fat in your mouth. The quality of their chicken tenders is not the greatest--they need to trim the fat!

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Boar's Head Blazin' Buffalo Chicken w/ Ranch son....I miss FL  :iconic_u_black:

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Now on the third page, I find it interesting baffling no one had an issue with the title including "Woulard" and "waver" in such close proximity. ;)

In all seriousness, today I had my first ever chicken tender sub from Publix. I wasn't that impressed. I usually go for the Italian or Ultimate but wanted to mix it up a bit. I didn't go with the buffalo sauce either, was that a mistake?

people take their chicken tender subs seriously around here

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Chicken tender subs are overrated. They taste great and are very filling, no doubt, but at least one bite per half you get pure fat in your mouth. The quality of their chicken tenders is not the greatest--they need to trim the fat!

It was very filling and I couldn't even finish it.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Yep, tried them twice and got heartburn twice.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Your personal medical condition is no reason to come on this board with such slanderous commentary.