• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Angel Nunez to transfer to USF from Gonzaga

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hard to get the minutes at forward when you're behind Wiltjer and Sabonis on the depth chart.

Exactly.

Zag Nation â€@UnitedWeZag  Apr 8

@robj19 @jeffborzello when he left the Ville, Zags hadn't picked up Sabonis or Wiltjer yet.  Angel expected much more PT at GU.

All the pundits think he'll be an impact player for us.

We needed some older guys. He had an impressive offer list coming out of ND prep school. The fact that he originally signed with UL speaks volumes. Too bad, he was injured there and was out and that set him back. CoachOA knows him for a long time and is very aware of his ability.

082cd8aa2f47c3a79c8a643c6d45693c.jpeg

Russ Wood â€@RussHoops  Apr 20

Angel Nunez (@Ang_nunez_1) is immediately available at USF. Brings experience, length & athleticism to last year's youngest D1 team

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Same old same old....USF takes player off a top 20 team that didn't get minutes and thinks we have improved.  How bad are we ?   Really really really bad.

We had a terrible season last year but there is no doubt in my mind this team will be better next season.  I mean guys like Troy and Bo will have that year under them and Peters is eligible.  We're in a good place.  We had a great recruiting class and I think Guerrero is going to be stud.  So I wouldn't say we are really really bad.  Guys were learning how to play college basketball.

I mean we got quite a few good players from other teams in the past that ended up doing well at USF... a lot of schools do that.  Sometimes it pans out and sometimes it doesn't. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Same old same old....USF takes player off a top 20 team that didn't get minutes and thinks we have improved. How bad are we ?   Really really really bad.

When have we done this in hoops? ..... And have to agree that we ARE really really really bad .... until we're not. As has been said, though, we had a lot of players introduced to D1 basketball last year and you've got to think they will only improve this year ... and then bringing in players with D1 experience, high level experience at that .... the team really should improve over last year.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Same old same old....USF takes player off a top 20 team that didn't get minutes and thinks we have improved. How bad are we ?   Really really really bad.

When have we done this in hoops? ..... And have to agree that we ARE really really really bad .... until we're not. As has been said, though, we had a lot of players introduced to D1 basketball last year and you've got to think they will only improve this year ... and then bringing in players with D1 experience, high level experience at that .... the team really should improve over last year.

Worked out pretty good for USF when we got Rudd to transfer from ASU!!

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

and Ron Anderson, and verrajo (sp?) wasn't bad from AZ

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yeah, Anderson coming from K-State was the one that impressed me.

[edit] but since we actually DID improve with him on the floor, I'm not sure it supports the argument.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Anderson is a great example; Verdejo was a good role player. I'd also like to add Gransberry from LSU to the "my favorite basketball transfers" list.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

COA seems to think he can help.  That's all I need to know.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Anderson is a great example; Verdejo was a good role player. I'd also like to add Gransberry from LSU to the "my favorite basketball transfers" list.

Jesse salters was a great transfer too. Mike mercer was a good role player his senior year on the NIT team.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

COA seems to think he can help.  That's all I need to know.

That's faith. I thought the board's purpose was to second-guess the coach's decisions. ;)