• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

mark harlan has been here over a year already

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

This may have been a troll or joke thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Harlan is A+

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

this will be taggart's last year

psychic-fair-cancelled.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I think YoSoyBulls is incorrect. I would have to say our most successful coach is Ken Erikson followed by the men's soccer coach. I would have Jose Fernandez at #3 presently. The other two coaches have won conference championships as well as had substantial success in the NCAA tourney. Jose Fernandez is still attempting to make a dent in the NCAA tourney.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

time flies

does he get as many years as woolard with equally low expectations?

not calling for his head but what tangible results do you need to see by when?

many are suspicious or questioning whether willie taggart survives if another poor year in 2015

how long is harlan's leash? the contract length of the head football coach he hires?

right now you can color me unimpressed

What could he have done in just one year to impress you?

Exactly. The guy pretty much walked into a nightmare situation. Heath had 2 good years in something like 7 or 8 years as the BBall coach, the football program was a complete mess. There is no leash on Harlan. He's done a good job communicating with fans, has looked into the on campus stadium situation, and probably so much more that is not even known by the public. He can't coach for Taggart, he made a good hire in Antigua, extended a fantastic basketball coach in Fernandez, and I think appealed to a lot of the fans when he came out publicly and said USF is too special not to be in a bowl game after our football season last year. 

If Harlan starts giving Taggart and Antigua 5 year extensions for crazy money after 4-8 or 9-23 seasons then you can be unimpressed. Until then no one should be upset with the job he's done.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Bottom line, I think, is that it's way too early to do any kind of evaluation on him. The extension for Jose was a no brainer after the year we had. The only change he made that has appeared to have paid immediate dividends is Kingston but that's only for a partial season but nobody knows how it will pan out in the long run. The restructuring of the season tickets/Bulls Club looks like a good thing for most but don't know if it will ultimately end up with a stronger donor base or not.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Just to play devil's advocate here, did our former AD ever sign Fernandez to a contract extension?  Hard to believe it didn't happen in the time he was here. 

How many of the players playing baseball were actually recruited by the new coach?  My understanding is that Merrill had been recruited by Lelo even though he's a Fr.  Rest of the lineup guys are back from last year. 

Wasn't the Men's soccer coach already here?

The basketball team under the new coach has done nothing yet.

I like Harlan and I think/hope that both Antigua and Kingston are the real deal.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Another lousy year of football and MBB along with poor attendance and everyone will want Harlan's head. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Sheriff and Cousin make fair points. I was more debating the original point by saying what else should he have done or be doing?

Definitely did not mean to leave out soccer and softball. And as Ricky mentions the big two teams need to improve but everything else is doing quite well.

That being said I think he has done a pretty good job in limited time with a worse conference affiliation saddling us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Just to play devil's advocate here, did our former AD ever sign Fernandez to a contract extension?  Hard to believe it didn't happen in the time he was here. 

How many of the players playing baseball were actually recruited by the new coach?  My understanding is that Merrill had been recruited by Lelo even though he's a Fr.  Rest of the lineup guys are back from last year. 

Wasn't the Men's soccer coach already here?

The basketball team under the new coach has done nothing yet.

I like Harlan and I think/hope that both Antigua and Kingston are the real deal.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Another lousy year of football and MBB along with poor attendance and everyone will want Harlan's head.

Only if he doesn't fire Taggart ...