• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs UCF- Game thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Speaking of breaking the press, something one of the announcers said really opened my eyes. You don't dribble thru the press, you pass thru it.

When we passed, we broke the press easily, when we tried to dribble, we panicked. Hopefully COA recognized that and will institute a new regime for it.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Speaking of breaking the press, something one of the announcers said really opened my eyes. You don't dribble thru the press, you pass thru it.

When we passed, we broke the press easily, when we tried to dribble, we panicked. Hopefully COA recognized that and will institute a new regime for it.

Hope he KNOWS that and didn't have to recognize that. I think it's on the players to recognize that and the coaches to point that out. There should be no "dribbling through the press regime" unless AI is on your team running the point.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The players were just more relaxed and were having fun. THAT's when you start recognizing what the other team is trying to do to you. Otherwise you do goofy things like try to take on the press off the dribble. You know coach is teaching them what to do, it's just being comfortable enough in your game to hear those voices in your head (or the one screaming from the sideline) that help you see the court better. Otherwise...tense & panicky = mistakes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

The players were just more relaxed and were having fun. THAT's when you start recognizing what the other team is trying to do to you. Otherwise you do goofy things like try to take on the press off the dribble. You know coach is teaching them what to do, it's just being comfortable enough in your game to hear those voices in your head (or the one screaming from the sideline) that help you see the court better. Otherwise...tense & panicky = mistakes.

And during the game COA took the time to scream at Holston for dribbling up under pressure.  Problem with a quiet arena is you can hear the kids getting yelled at like you were in the huddle with them.  I kind of like seeing him do that but I'm also uncomfortable for the kid knowing that everyone in the place is hearing it.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

And during the game COA took the time to scream at Holston for dribbling up under pressure.  Problem with a quiet arena is you can hear the kids getting yelled at like you were in the huddle with them.  I kind of like seeing him do that but I'm also uncomfortable for the kid knowing that everyone in the place is hearing it.

LOL, he won't forget it! And he had a good enough game that it didn't appear to shake him up.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You've got to have instant amnesia in game-time situations. Remember the advice, forget the advisor

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

COA got into the grill of several players during that game. He definitely wasn't going to let the team get complacent no matter how big the lead.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

You've got to have instant amnesia in game-time situations. Remember the advice, forget the advisor

Exactly what the commentator said, although I think it was when he dressed down Morillo. Commented how COA had immediately moved on and Nehemiah needed to, also .... and then pointed out that he had when he drained a 3 not too much later.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Here's what I have regarding the seeding: With one more round of games (5) this weekend, no seed is yet locked in for the AAC tournament.

1/2: SMU/Tulsa tied. They play each other. Winner is 1, loser is 2.

3/4:Cincy/Temple tied. Cincy holds tie-breaker for 3, so Temple only flips with them with a win and UC loss.

5/6: Memphis/UConn tied. Memphis holds tiebreaker and so UConn gets the 5 and the final bye only with a win and a Memphis loss.

7/8/9: Will be between ECU/Tulane/UCF. UCF is finished with the regular season, but can move from 9 to 8 with a Tulane loss. ECU gets the 7 with a win or Tulane loss. ECU gets the 8 with a loss and a Tulane win. Tulane gets the 7 with a win and an ECU loss. Tulane gets the 8 with a win and an ECU win. Tulane gets the 9 with a loss.

10/11: Houston/USF tied. Houston has tiebreaker but USF can get the 10 with a win and a UH loss.

If we get the 10, we would play 7-ECU (ECU would have clinched the 7-seed in this scenario). The winner of that game then faces the 2-seed (loser of Tulsa/SMU).

If USF is the 11, we would play the 6 who would be either the host UConn or Memphis. Right now, UConn is 6 and loses the tiebreaker to Memphis. UConn would need to win AND have Memphis lose in the finale to drop Memphis to the 6.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

I think the most favorable bracket has us at 10, Tulsa at 2, and Cincy at 3. For that, root for wins by USF, ECU, SMU, and either Cincy or UConn.