• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB v Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

So....

What did we learn tonight?

That we're competitive when we play teams at our level. AAC bottom feeder level.

We suck until we don't, but we got one more win than UH does. SUCK IT Cougars!!!!!!!!!

Tonight I learned: Zeigler is still athletic, but maybe with the right coaching and floor time he might become a lot more effective.

Holston can actually shoot on occasion. That was actually a revelation for me.

Dinero is dinero from the charity strip, I think I heard them say 91% for him?

Someone actually thinks Cousins can be great for us,

And we REALLY can't stop turning the ball over.

Thoughts on the above?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

So....

What did we learn tonight?

That we're competitive when we play teams at our level. AAC bottom feeder level.

We suck until we don't, but we got one more win than UH does. SUCK IT Cougars!!!!!!!!!

Tonight I learned: Zeigler is still athletic, but maybe with the right coaching and floor time he might become a lot more effective.

Holston can actually shoot on occasion. That was actually a revelation for me.

Dinero is dinero from the charity strip, I think I heard them say 91% for him?

Someone actually thinks Cousins can be great for us,

And we REALLY can't stop turning the ball over.

Thoughts on the above?

Zeigler is very athletic.  Afterward COA talked about trying to get him to stop with the little left hand flip shot going to the rim.  Wants him to go strong to dunk or use his right hand. 

Who thinks Cousins will be great? 

Majority of turnovers seem to go on trying to pass into the low post.  Interior passing is lacking IMO.

Almost didn't go to the game tonight myself because of the rain.  We got there but it almost gave he a heart attack watching the game.  The last 3 minutes was excruciating.  Believe we missed 11 free throws tonight. 

Got crushed on the boards by 10 in the first half but then outrebounded them by 9, I believe, in the 2nd half. 

The refs were pretty horrible tonight overall.  Holston is starting to show signs that he can score.  Learned after the game that he sprained an ankle way back vs NC State had hasn't been 100%.

Saw Chris Perry.  Asked him how he was feeling.  Said "pretty good" and thanked us for asking.  Asked him if he thought he'd be able to play next year and he said "yes".  So here's hoping.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344

Got back home after watching that game and a night at Beef's with some buddies. 

That was a terrible game play-wise.  But it was heart-pounding at the end.  I guess I got my time's worth XD 

Wish we could hit FT's.  Or anything really.  We turn it over every other play and look lost when we have the lead.  But we managed to get the W tonight and that's all that matters

Go Bulls :P

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

One other thing.  Before the game at the Arena Club someone asked Rouca again about how many new faces we could expect next year.  If the past he has said up to 9.  tonight he said maybe 6 or 7.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707

I like to hear Chris Perry is optimistic about his return as a Bull, I like to see those updates from Rouca, but I'm having a hard time seeing 6 or 7 new faces. Even without Dre and one other, I'm having a hard time seeing how we can get that many. I can account for 5 at max 6. I can't see Antigua quiting on many more. Could be wrong though.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

USF actually won a game?!?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

USF is starting to turn the corner!!!! Hyped up!!  Dont forget that USF beat that same Houston team that beat UCONN on 2/1!! What does that tell you!!! 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

USF is starting to turn the corner!!!! Hyped up!! Dont forget that USF beat that same Houston team that beat UCONN on 2/1!! What does that tell you!!!

Heh.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

USF is starting to turn the corner!!!! Hyped up!!  Dont forget that USF beat that same Houston team that beat UCONN on 2/1!! What does that tell you!!! 

Blind-Squirrel-Finds-a-Nut-small.jpg

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

BULLS WIN!

Three big, coachable problems. 1-Obviously free throws. 2-Passes seem to be extremely slow. 3-Trying to dribble on offensive rebounds.

Just my opinion.