• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football Asst Coaches Salary Discussion (Posts pulled from thread on Main Board)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Two kids at private colleges my friend. Further, real estate taxes for a good house are a killer here.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Two kids at private colleges my friend. Further, real estate taxes for a good house are a killer here.

I'll pray for you  :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'll pray for you  :GoBulls:

I asked Brad if we could add another donation button.

• Upvote 1

I can assure $125K in the NE is nowhere near $125K in Florida. Tampa and the area around it is beyond cheap living.

As for moving every few years it's very tough. I've moved numerous times for bigger jobs in my career. I'm now at a comfortable point and have no interest in going any further.

Yeah, the COL here is high. I could live cheaper by hey you only go around once right. The biggest issue that these coaches have is living year to year. I suppose one would get used to it but would have to create stress on the family. At the same time they must love what they do so that does count for something.

I'll pray for you :GoBulls:

I asked Brad if we could add another donation button.

Send Bitcoin!

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

125k isn't that much when you consider these folks have zero job security. You can make 125 for 1-2 years then get axed... then you are GA'ing or coaching HS football for 2 years at 20k...

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,377
  • Days Won:  43

125k isn't that much when you consider these folks have zero job security. You can make 125 for 1-2 years then get axed... then you are GA'ing or coaching HS football for 2 years at 20k...

They need more investment knowledge. It would help them retiree sooner rather than later. Then they can sit back and relax and have a cold one and tell their families about their old coaching stories. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

They need more investment knowledge. It would help them retiree sooner rather than later. Then they can sit back and relax and have a cold one and tell their families about their old coaching stories. 

Just for yucks, take $125K, subtract 20% Fed Taxes, 3% State Taxes (not all coach in Florida), $2k/month for housing, $500/mo utilities and phone,$700/mo for autos/ins, $1k/mo groceries and dining out and you're down to about $46k.  Got kids? Do they wear clothes, go to movies, private schools since you are moving a lot? 

Wish we were at $125k per year, but your investment person better be able to get 40% return to turn that  $20 - 25k left over each year into something that will allow you to retire early.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just for yucks, take $125K, subtract 20% Fed Taxes, 3% State Taxes (not all coach in Florida), $2k/month for housing, $500/mo utilities and phone,$700/mo for autos/ins, $1k/mo groceries and dining out and you're down to about $46k.  Got kids? Do they wear clothes, go to movies, private schools since you are moving a lot? 

Wish we were at $125k per year, but your investment person better be able to get 40% return to turn that  $20 - 25k left over each year into something that will allow you to retire early.

So, $46k leftover after expenses? That means your hypothetical person has an ENTIRE middle class salary before taxes in his checking account to scrape by on.

Just for yucks, take $125K, subtract 20% Fed Taxes, 3% State Taxes (not all coach in Florida), $2k/month for housing, $500/mo utilities and phone,$700/mo for autos/ins, $1k/mo groceries and dining out and you're down to about $46k. Got kids? Do they wear clothes, go to movies, private schools since you are moving a lot?

Wish we were at $125k per year, but your investment person better be able to get 40% return to turn that $20 - 25k left over each year into something that will allow you to retire early.

So, $46k leftover after expenses? That means your hypothetical person has an ENTIRE middle class salary before taxes in his checking account to scrape by on.

That's before kids my friend.