• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB CHeating Allegations...?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Collin Sherwin â€@USFCollin 25m25 minutes ago

Allegations USF cheated "Confessions of a Fixer: How a former coach perpetuated a cheating scheme http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/12/29/college-athletes-fixer-cheating-scheme â€¦ via @SInow"

Thoughts on SI story: 1. “Doug Woolard… did not return several messages left on his cellphone.†Shocker!

2. "Stan Heath, the university’s head basketball coach at the time, did not return messages left for his agent or through ESPN.†Shocker!

3. "I am shocked, shocked that there is gambling going on in here."

4. With both Oregon and USF listed, <I'M EDITING THIS OUT - Dogma> would seem to be a prime candidate to be involved. Remember: he WAS admitted to USF.

5. I’m not speculating on anyone else until there’s more proof. Not fair to the players or anyone else involved.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's alleged this "fixer" helped 3 athletes get into USF via a cheating scheme 

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/12/29/college-athletes-fixer-cheating-scheme

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

That's a long article. Just from skimming it, it seems Texas and BYU are involved too, so that's good. My guess is Egbunu is one of the 3 athletes involved in this. Good thing Stan is gone. I hope Perry isn't one of the others.

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

After reading the full article, it is going to be very hard to pin this on USF or the coach. However, it is going to make it harder to get into USF athletic programs. This is going to cause an over reaction to an isolated incident(s).

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The cheating didn't occur at USF.  This guy (Mr. White) cheated for students to obtain additional on-line credits to help them enroll in colleges.  He even admits that some of the players didn't actually know they were cheating as they did dummy assignments and Mr. White dd the real ones.  I'm sure the majority of players knew they were cheating, but I doubt anything will come of this in terms of sanctions.  Heath and USF can say they didn't know there was any impropriety going on.  Unless there's evidence that Heath knew there was cheating going on, he's got plausible deniability.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Old news, NCAA already came to campus and investigated, nothing came of it. 

edit: Unless this is something new? It sounds like the exact same thing I knew about months ago though...

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

If you read about what goes on behind the scenes, I tend to agree that the NCAA should stay out of academics and let the school's take care of who can play and don't worry who gets paid or not and instead worry about competition and leveling the playing field.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Old news, NCAA already came to campus and investigated, nothing came of it. 

edit: Unless this is something new? It sounds like the exact same thing I knew about months ago though...

I think it's extended information as to what was investigated previously.  It may add two or three additional athletes to the investigation, but the result will be the same.  The cheating happened before they were enrolled at USF and without the knowledge of the coaching staff.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

If you read about what goes on behind the scenes, I tend to agree that the NCAA should stay out of academics and let the school's take care of who can play and don't worry who gets paid or not and instead worry about competition and leveling the playing field.

College athletics should be partitioned from schools... No more athletic scholarships. Period.

Operate it like a separate business / create a minor league... Pay 'students' as much as you want... I don't care.

• Upvote 1