• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There may be some news

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Mario Cristobal for OC

I like it. But would he leave Bama for another position coach opportunity? Would get him back to Florida...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

What I'm not clear on and really need to know before I make any comment is whether this decision was taken by CWT unilaterally or if he was forced to take it by Harlan. Maybe I missed it somewhere - does anyone here know? If not I hope that detail comes out soon.

I think it comes from the top. I think Harlan and Taggart sat down and did coach evaluations. the man in charge "helped" him make these decisions.

I think it's hilarious that people defend assistant coaches that were as much of the problem as the guy they constantly bash.

Taggart is under contract. they aren't. He is coaching for his job next year that much is clear.

our defense was awful this year. they played soft. seems to be Brees philosophy to try and play that way as that's how they played early on last year as well. I hope they hire an aggressive coach who doesn't want his players to play on their heels. it's college. they aren't playing peyton manning and tom brady every week. we made plenty of average college QBs look like heisman contenders this year.

If the offense didn't get any better under Wuff then it's no surprise Taggart did take over. not sure what they do here but this offense is predicated on a very good offensive line and that takes time to build.

A couple years ago we had a defense that didn't register a single turnover for much of the season. We scored 25 to 30 a game and opponents scored more than USF. Some of those defensive players are in the NFL. Be disappointed in what we got this season but recent history suggests it can get much worse.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Here you go....THE NEWS:

"....The University of South Florida fired three assistant coaches, including offensive coordinator Paul Wulff and defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan, according to a report by 247Sports.com."

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/report-usf-shakes-up-its-staff-20141208/

"....According to multiple sources, Bulls247.com has learned that USF has fired offensive coordinator Paul Wulff, defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan and defensive backs coach Ron Cooper"

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Board/59416/Contents/USF-makes-major-staff-changes-33669000

I have to say, I'm not on board with any of this and here's my reasoning:

1.) Wulff never even got a chance to really take control and call games since CWT took that from him. How can you fire a guy who wasn't even allowed to do his job? The O Line improved...isn't that why we brought him here?

2.) Breezy was working with a depleted D and even said it was going to be hard switching to a 3-4 defense this year. With younger highly touted DE's coming to step in (Kevin Bronson, Eric Mayes, Rohan Blackwood, Vincent Jackson?), I'd think a 4-3 is back in our near future and would go back to Breezy being the evil genius that he was year 1. Especially with the freshman D that played this year having another year under them. 

3.) Firing Ron Cooper? Really? Dude was a hell of a DBs coach for LSU, you think it was his fault the secondary was always getting burned on 3rd down? Hell no it wasn't. The secondary can only hold for so long when there's NO PRESSURE ON THE QB. 

It's all their fault and the players, Taggart had nothing to do with the failures of the USF FB team.  If you don't believe that just ask Apis Bull.  

Find me one quote where I said that.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Common denominator remains. Let's see what changes.

Ummmm. This

Here you go....THE NEWS:

"....The University of South Florida fired three assistant coaches, including offensive coordinator Paul Wulff and defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan, according to a report by 247Sports.com."

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/report-usf-shakes-up-its-staff-20141208/

"....According to multiple sources, Bulls247.com has learned that USF has fired offensive coordinator Paul Wulff, defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan and defensive backs coach Ron Cooper"

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Board/59416/Contents/USF-makes-major-staff-changes-33669000

I have to say, I'm not on board with any of this and here's my reasoning:

1.) Wulff never even got a chance to really take control and call games since CWT took that from him. How can you fire a guy who wasn't even allowed to do his job? The O Line improved...isn't that why we brought him here?

2.) Breezy was working with a depleted D and even said it was going to be hard switching to a 3-4 defense this year. With younger highly touted DE's coming to step in (Kevin Bronson, Eric Mayes, Rohan Blackwood, Vincent Jackson?), I'd think a 4-3 is back in our near future and would go back to Breezy being the evil genius that he was year 1. Especially with the freshman D that played this year having another year under them.

3.) Firing Ron Cooper? Really? Dude was a hell of a DBs coach for LSU, you think it was his fault the secondary was always getting burned on 3rd down? Hell no it wasn't. The secondary can only hold for so long when there's NO PRESSURE ON THE QB.

It's all their fault and the players, Taggart had nothing to do with the failures of the USF FB team. If you don't believe that just ask Apis Bull.

Find me one quote where I said that.

You just said that... That^^^. See? Yeah!, I win

• Upvote 1

Lay off the AM Whiskey brah

I still have the taste of vodka and shame... Blah

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Hard to judge what any of these moves mean until we see who is hired.

If there is a change in offensive philosophy, whether mandated by Harlan or if Taggart came up with the idea to change on his own, there will be a need for an offensive guru. Then this turns out to be a good move. If it is more of the same, just with a different yes man, then it turns out to be stupid.

It is a little more difficult to figure out on defense. On one hand our guys were young. On the other hand we were historically bad on defense in some games so it is not as if the moves are not justified.

Getting rid of personnel is the easy part. Finding proven coaches and then making it all work is much harder.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

^^^ coating scapes. Obviously.

Like the guy with the beard who used to paint the tree scapes on PBS?

Put me to sleep!

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Mario Cristobal for OC

all bout that 'crutin

Lolol at this. He's a better HC than the one we got.