• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There may be some news

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Wild...expected some changes but this is quite a mouthful. We need some good coaches fast. 57 days till NSD.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Ironic. Taggart's Twitter page has a quote! "Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable". Right.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

I will throw another cog in the wheel. Harlan has been out of town and will be until Wednesday. Obviously he is up to something. IMHO what if Harlan brings in the OC and DC that he hires. If they are his men Taggart has to live with it. Which puts CWT on a real short leash. Harlan does have a football background. This could force Taggart to change or leave.

Maybe he already signed them and sent the word back to Tampa?? But that could also just be the beer in me talking

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Here is the news, I just heard from a source I trust:

Taggart will take over OC and DC duties. We wont be hiring new coordinators, and we'll we are thinking long term, will be looking for top Bull runner bus drivers and mechanics to promote to position coaches.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I have breaking news, I'm the new OC.  It's been fun guys but I've been called up to the big show.  

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261

If we're firing the two closest coaches for either side of the ball, what kind of a mandate does this give T to be head coach at all? I almost feel like we should give him autonomy for his third season, no matter how this plays out. This is straight Jerry Jones intervention. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261

I kind of like it though. :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I don't believe Harlan has spoken to Taggart about next year and his plans to make USF FB successful.  Taggart did all this in an attempt to keep his job, hoping that Harlan sees it that way when they discuss things this coming week.  To me, it indicates that Taggart cannot and will not own up to his own mistakes and mismanagement at the HC position.  Therefore, what he's done right now should expedite his firing not prevent it from my perspective.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I will throw another cog in the wheel. Harlan has been out of town and will be until Wednesday. Obviously he is up to something. IMHO what if Harlan brings in the OC and DC that he hires. If they are his men Taggart has to live with it. Which puts CWT on a real short leash. Harlan does have a football background. This could force Taggart to change or leave.

Hopefully Harlan is outta town with some serious mojo in hand to sell the Big 12 on looking at USF when they inevitably expand. Cuz every other interested school's ADs are vying for it.

Cincinnati is a shoe in for the next round and UCF will probably go with them.  Big 12 may actually want to stay out west and could try and pull in a BYU and/or CSU instead.  USF isn't on anyones radar for many, many reasons and most have to do with mismanagement by the administration from Judy on down.  Harlan was put in no win situation thanks to that mismanagement before he got here. C'est la vie.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Somewhat disgusted because it sure comes off as throwing down scapegoats to excuse Willie.

If the two guys being hired do not have the power to run what they want to run, will be worse than last year