• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jarvis Baxter JUCO WR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Ah, ok. Still burns though.

Can't you get some kind of cream or something for that?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Dexter wasn't an academic issue here. He was questionable, our staff worked with him to get him eligible and when he obtained the appropriate test score he flipped to Ole Miss. It happens.

I seem to recall that he said he had a dream which made him decommit from USF and commit to Ole Miss.

I thought I could find a related article on that, but haven't been successful.

There was a similar "dream" involvement with another commit. It might have been his grandma's dream. LOL

Then there was the crazy story with the duel sport star (Track/FB) HS player whose mom wanted him to sign with USF and she refused to sign his LOI to attend LSU because of  a voodoo spell. Ultimately his father (without asking the mother) signed for him to go there.

I don't remember the dream but that was Rick-Jean Francois. He's in the NFL now.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

My bad. I misunderstood what you said. I thought you were referring to cases like Baxter and Austin, where players were accepted elsewhere but then turned away and ended up here.

Yeah, my point is only that we also stretch on our fair share of kids. There has to be some balance, and I don't think the administration has been particularly unreasonable over the past couple years. For every guy that is turned away and succeeds elsewhere, there are several who flame out. The ones that sting just tend to stick in our mind a bit more (it's Dexter McCluster for me... oh, what could have been).

Ok, I get you now...and I guess we're actually saying the same thing. Sorry for the flame!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Dexter wasn't an academic issue here. He was questionable, our staff worked with him to get him eligible and when he obtained the appropriate test score he flipped to Ole Miss. It happens.

I seem to recall that he said he had a dream which made him decommit from USF and commit to Ole Miss.

I thought I could find a related article on that, but haven't been successful.

There was a similar "dream" involvement with another commit. It might have been his grandma's dream. LOL

Then there was the crazy story with the duel sport star (Track/FB) HS player whose mom wanted him to sign with USF and she refused to sign his LOI to attend LSU because of  a voodoo spell. Ultimately his father (without asking the mother) signed for him to go there.

I don't remember the dream but that was Rick-Jean Francois. He's in the NFL now.

Thanks. His name escaped me while I was posting.