• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Mack break 1,000 yards rushing this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

If flowers comes in and proves to be a run threat it might take away from Macks carries.

Doubtful if we run well. At his best b.j. Daniels and Lindsey Lamar ran for 300 combined

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

If flowers comes in and proves to be a run threat it might take away from Macks carries.

Doubtful if we run well. At his best b.j. Daniels and Lindsey Lamar ran for 300 combined
What exactly is doubtful? That we have success running. If we aren't having success running, and Flowers is taking carries from the backs, then Mack may not break 1000 yards.

Actually whether our running is successful or not I expect flowers playing to result in less carries for the backs than if White or Bench were playing.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

What exactly is doubtful? That we have success running. If we aren't having success running, and Flowers is taking carries from the backs, then Mack may not break 1000 yards.

Actually whether our running is successful or not I expect flowers playing to result in less carries for the backs than if White or Bench were playing.

You have a point, but I think Mack would be looking at a much better yard/carry then.  He's been feast or famine...usually since the D can cheat up without fearing alternatives.  Also, the play calling is fairly predictable oft times.  All he needs is a gap & some open space.  He can take it to the house anytime.

Flowers waking up with offense could help with Mack, as the D needs to respect Flowers pulling it back & taking off.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Alternatively if the offense has more success and they are running more plays (growing the pie so to speak) then there may be more carries for everyone. We average around 60 plays a game. If the offense is moving on the ground then we should run around 75 which is about the college average. 15 more plays is a bunch of new carries.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

You have a point, but I think Mack would be looking at a much better yard/carry then. He's been feast or famine...usually since the D can cheat up without fearing alternatives. Also, the play calling is fairly predictable oft times. All he needs is a gap & some open space. He can take it to the house anytime.

Flowers waking up with offense could help with Mack, as the D needs to respect Flowers pulling it back & taking off.

If the D had to respect Flowers' ability to run, wouldn't they stack the box even more and that would hurt Mack's production?

You have a point, but I think Mack would be looking at a much better yard/carry then. He's been feast or famine...usually since the D can cheat up without fearing alternatives. Also, the play calling is fairly predictable oft times. All he needs is a gap & some open space. He can take it to the house anytime.

If the D had to respect Flowers' ability to run, wouldn't they stack the box even more and that would hurt Mack's production?

Only if he can't pass (See BJ v Florida).  My point was if he can fake or hand to the RBs and we mix in the jet sweep, it can keep the D off balance & guessing.  And of course, that opens play action pass...which could be HUGE, if successful early (this is where the rain/cold hinder this hope).

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Forcast is looking better for tomorrow. Low of 41 and rain chance appears to be gone

Forcast is looking better for tomorrow. Low of 41 and rain chance appears to be gone

SWEET!  A warming front.

Least of our worries, but Mack's 79 v SMU gives him 907.  So, he needs 93 yards against 2 pretty stout teams, that we may be playing from behind.

so, I'd say there's a 60% chance he breaks 1,000.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

mack is looking very pedestrian lately

i think he is running out of gas