• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is in a no win situation

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I really need to stay away from this Board next weekend. I am traveling to see the game so I am hoping for a great showing. However, whatever happens will be bad on here. Either we win in which case people will say we beat the worst team in our conference and it is no big deal. People will say we can't celebrate beating crap. Or we lose to a winless team and the Board implodes. I'm racking my brain for alternatives to these scenarios.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

You are wise beyond your years.

No matter how old you actually are.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Believe me, if we win, I will be happy and have no complaints. A win on the road is a win. I think if we pull off win against SMU, it will be reason to celebrate. Our team is just not good this year...again

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I really need to stay away from this Board next weekend. I am traveling to see the game so I am hoping for a great showing. However, whatever happens will be bad on here. Either we win in which case people will say we beat the worst team in our conference and it is no big deal. People will say we can't celebrate beating crap. Or we lose to a winless team and the Board implodes. I'm racking my brain for alternatives to these scenarios.

Nah, we'll say we beat the worst team in the FBS.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is the truth....

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Either way and Willie Taggart likely won't be here next year, which is a good thing for USF.  Ultimately, you need to care more for your alma mater than people employed by your alma mater, it's as simple as that. A true dilemma will happen when we hire an alumnus to coach one of our major sports team and he  develops a history of failure similar to Willie Taggarts.  Please try and keep things in proper perspective.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I don't think people complain about winning any game. It is when we play really crappy and squeak out a win against the worst teams, the complaints are about the quality of play.

Let's hope we play well for a good portion of the game and play for a full 60 minutes.

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Assume you are going with friends and family. Enjoy the trip. Enjoy your time with them.

Enjoy the game if we win. Enjoy what you can if we lose.

Don't worry about what happens on the board and others people's reactions. Life isn't long enough for that.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Assume you are going with friends and family. Enjoy the trip. Enjoy your time with them.

Enjoy the game if we win. Enjoy what you can if we lose.

Don't worry about what happens on the board and others people's reactions. Life isn't long enough for that.

Sanjay provides good advice. Well said! The trip be about having fun.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

A win is a win...but I wouldn't be shocked if we lose this game.