• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SMU @ Tulsa on CBSSPORTS Noon Today

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Don't think game will be as easy as everyone thought.

Spread offense...one dynamic player in his first start changed the entire complexion of their offense.

SMU kind of got screwed over by the refs at the end, but their coaches didn't seem too bright managing the game or calling plays.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Their qb looks darn good

Mike White looked good against Tulsa too.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

The scary thing is it seems like these two teams were pretty evenly matched, and we needed our biggest comeback ever to beat Tulsa. I think if we come out flat against SMU we could be in real trouble...

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

The scary thing is it seems like these two teams were pretty evenly matched, and we needed our biggest comeback ever to beat Tulsa. I think if we come out flat against SMU we could be in real trouble...

If we lose to SMU, then CWT is in big trouble. Cant afford to lose to 0-8 SMU team at this stage. Harlan is watching. If Woolard was still in charge CWT would be safe, but there is a new sheriff in town. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

If we lose to SMU, then CWT is in big trouble. Cant afford to lose to 0-8 SMU team at this stage. Harlan is watching. If Woolard was still in charge CWT would be safe, but there is a new sheriff in town. 

Taggs will be safe even with a loss to SMU. He's getting another year even if he loses the rest of the games.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Taggs will be safe even with a loss to SMU. He's getting another year even if he loses the rest of the games.

We shall see!!! 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We shall see!!! 

Hopefully we shall very much NOT see...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

I temd to agree CWT gets one more year regardless...but a loss to SMU would make it possible Harlan thinks about a move. Lose out, especially to UCiF, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him axed.

If we don't beat the worst FBS team in the country, I'll plunge into the dark side too. This is a must win, period.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I think most think Taggart gets a 3rd year, but if we lose ugly to SMU, and get SMOKED by Memphis & UCF (the season ender at Ray Jay, with possibly a LOT more UCF fans), Harlan may see this not getting better, but possibly sliding into even lower lows.  He may not be able to afford to keep him.

Many were tired of Holtz, but few thought he'd be fired around that time.  Then he just nose-dived, including a blowout at UM, and a lackluster finale at Pitt.

So, many may think Taggart is safe, but if the last 3 games are more than Harlan can bear, that could be it.