• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has Rebuilding Under Taggart Started Yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Wait and see how good you feel when Flowers transfers at the end of the year. The offense doesn't suit him at all and might be the least fun a QB can have in all of college football. We blow. And, if he transfers, he takes the red shirt he should have taken this year and he's right back on track elsewhere.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I have no doubt he has recruited good talent...senat, Calloway, and mack are proof of that. However the team plays very sloppily. Penalties, dropped balls, etc will doom any offense, whether it's spread, pro style, or read option. This team doesn't make big plays in big moments and that's why we lose games

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Wait and see how good you feel when Flowers transfers at the end of the year. The offense doesn't suit him at all and might be the least fun a QB can have in all of college football. We blow. And, if he transfers, he takes the red shirt he should have taken this year and he's right back on track elsewhere.

Unfortunately, this seems likely. Then we will know for sure if Taggart has lost the locker room.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's pretty simple.

We don't block well, and we don't tackle well

so no. we're still not yet even to the rebuilding stage

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I have no doubt he has recruited good talent...senat, Calloway, and mack are proof of that. However the team plays very sloppily. Penalties, dropped balls, etc will doom any offense, whether it's spread, pro style, or read option. This team doesn't make big plays in big moments and that's why we lose games

I think cwt has recruited good players, but once they get here is can't develope them or coach. He is a recruiter

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

We have good players, not all of them, but the majority of starters on our team are good enough to compete in this crap conference. We are missing 2 things. A good QB and good coaching. Taggert gets outcoached every game. A good coach could take what we have and win. I would bet my life on it that Leavitt could coach this team to 6 wins easy.

Agree.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We have good players, not all of them, but the majority of starters on our team are good enough to compete in this crap conference. We are missing 2 things. A good QB and good coaching. Taggert gets outcoached every game. A good coach could take what we have and win. I would bet my life on it that Leavitt could coach this team to 6 wins easy.

Agree.
+1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think cwt has recruited good players, but once they get here is can't develope them or coach. He is a recruiter

I can't really say he doesn't develop players. Probably too early in his tenure to say that. The problem I am having is poor game planning/adjusting, player preparation and game management. Good coaches pay attention to the details.

We are still making a lot of the same silly mistakes. We still get our play calls in late. Why did we have to burn 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter because there was confusion. At one point, I think it was on a 3rd and 1 the announcer said Bench and Taggart looked confused about what plays were bring called.

Continuous mental mistakes on special teams are on coaching.

Other than Tulsa, do we ever play well in the second half? Once the other coaching staff adjusts Taggart and crew are clueless how to counter.

There are other things, but these are continuos problems.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Every year we lose players so that is a bad excuse. Either you can get it done or you can't.

All I keep hearing is that he needs "his" players. Most of "his" players haven't seen the field yet or are just getting a taste. Certainly, for the most part are not major contributors. I just don't believe that so many first time players are going to be so impactful next year that this team jumps from a bottom tier AAC to the middle of the conference.

I would feel much better if the guys that we are looking forward to carry the load were on the field contributing now and getting the experience needed. At least there would be some hope that our impact players are here and are good. I only feel that way at RB.

we need a quality transfer QB that can play right away.

not to say play calling doesn't have something to do with it because this could be the most boring scheme ever developed. Stanford is similar. low scoring boring offense.

Our QBs are awful.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Agree.
+1

Leavitt couldn't win without a QB either.

His defenses were a hell of a lot better than this one though that's for sure. what the hell happened?

I think D-coordinator sucks. His scheme and playcalling is terrible. we sit back on our heels all day long. No more aggressive Defenses like leavitt and Wally. he plays soft. soft coverage. rush 3 or 4. let's plays have plenty of time to develop.

he finally went to 4 linemen yesterday but never brings blitzes. his corners play off and he always gives the QB all day to let a WR come open. he never plays aggressive. that QB was in his 3rd start ever and he didn't pressure him once. no disguised blitzes. no different looks. rushed 4. dropped 7 and let them run all day.