• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan Has Work Cut Out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

He def has a difficult job right now.    Not an easy decision to make.      (not one to carry the pitchfork for firing a coach after 1 1/2 to 2 seasons. ) But I don't see progression in the FB team.      Would hate to be Harlan right now.   Keep Coach T and count on losing more of the dismal fan base we have left.  Fire him and still stand to lose more of the fan base because a lot wont want to go thru "another rebuilding/ coach " ( 3rd in 3 seasons).  

Taggs keeps his job if he wins 2 of the next 3 games. ( esp if one of them is against UCF).   He gets fired if he don't.   He also get fired if UCF blows us out on Black Friday in front of a stadium full of UCF fans.  (really not looking forward to that game and their fans taking over the Ray Jay).

Harlan has done some nice things at USF so far, Like the direction he is trying to take us, We just need the FB team to be on the same page.  ( right now it appears Coach T has the deer in the headlight look). Not sure he will get out of the way or be run over.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Tampa has 15,000 people who will watch just because USF is playing. The other 50,000 want either wins or exciting football. We don't do either.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I answered like 3 surveys this week that popped up in my email.  They all seem to want to know "How many games do you go to?" "Why do you go to games?" "How can we improve gameday experience?" "What do you think of XYZ at the games?"

He's at least putting in work and I respect that.  All of these programs need some saving.  Soccer and Softball are about the only sports we have that can compete for conference titles.  I don't think he can afford to fire Taggart this year, we might not have that kind of money plus it sends the wrong message to future coaches.  Taggart has at least one more year to turn this ship around.  Harlan just needs to carefully evaluate his progress and be prepared to act if it all remains this bad next year.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I answered like 3 surveys this week that popped up in my email.  They all seem to want to know "How many games do you go to?" "Why do you go to games?" "How can we improve gameday experience?" "What do you think of XYZ at the games?"

He's at least putting in work and I respect that.  All of these programs need some saving.  Soccer and Softball are about the only sports we have that can compete for conference titles.  I don't think he can afford to fire Taggart this year, we might not have that kind of money plus it sends the wrong message to future coaches.  Taggart has at least one more year to turn this ship around.  Harlan just needs to carefully evaluate his progress and be prepared to act if it all remains this bad next year.

Don't forget Tennis,  We had them on the field today celebrating their AAC championships.         BTW  don't ever get those surveys, and I haven't missed a game in years.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

How can we improve game day experience? LOL. You can't unless you start winning because fans have abandoned ship.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

How can we improve game day experience? LOL. You can't unless you start winning because fans have abandoned ship.

Unless a change is made I don't see wins happening anytime soon. Plus we can't even have an exciting loss, the offense is just too boring.

Don't forget Tennis,  We had them on the field today celebrating their AAC championships.         BTW  don't ever get those surveys, and I haven't missed a game in years.

True.  Shouldn't sell Tennis short, I apologize. 

Two of my surveys were student surveys about all sports and then football and one was for Women's Basketball fans in general.

"Win more games" was an option. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I hope Harlan`s inbox is getting blown up right now. The message needs to be sent. Now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Ok, you are Mark Harlan. As an AD, your primary mission is fund raising, selling tickets and making money for the department/School.

How do you sell tickets and raise funds with this

we call a football program?

Said this last year.  I'd rather lose 49 - 42 than what we have to watch now.  Run Mack left, run Mack left, run Mack up the middle, punt.  Woo Hoo.

As far as Harlan and what he can do.  I expect he takes a job somewhere else before we have a winning football team.  Even if it is at a community college.  It will be better than being here.

Edited by CousinRicky