• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggert has 1 more year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

I remember a key 3rd or 4th down play on offense and the angle showed the stands and 3 people out most of half of the field level were standing. It was probably Judy, Harlan and another staffer. Pathetic. This needs to change now. Fire him. Put one of the coordinators in for the rest of the year. Let's have something we can cheer about. As it is now, I have zero expectations beyond a 3 and out on Offense.

The only coordinators that seem to worth anything are Cooper and Lockette.....which coordinator would you suggest take over ?

I remember a key 3rd or 4th down play on offense and the angle showed the stands and 3 people out most of half of the field level were standing. It was probably Judy, Harlan and another staffer. Pathetic. This needs to change now. Fire him. Put one of the coordinators in for the rest of the year. Let's have something we can cheer about. As it is now, I have zero expectations beyond a 3 and out on Offense.

The only coordinators that seem to worth anything are Cooper and Lockette.....which coordinator would you suggest take over ?

I say  f i r e  CWT and let Lockette take the helm for remaining games.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

I say f i r e CWT and let Lockette take the helm for remaining games.
We could sneak up on our remaining three teams that way. They couldn't game plan for us Edited by snarling Bull

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The basis for comparison for the team should really be Holtz' last year, not Taggart's 2013. Have we improved relative to that? Not even close.

Not sure I get that. The 2012 team went 3-9 with 20 seniors on the 2deep. And when BJ went down they couldn't score.

We're on the complete opposite end now for experience and have 3 wins.

The point I am trying to make. Perhaps not so well, is many are saying we are improved because they are comparing it to last year. I am trying to say that Taggart is just now struggling to get back to even with the level of the coach that he replaced. The reason we are even close to 2012 is we inherited 2 teams in Tulsa and SMU that are in worse shape than we are. We are lucky we got UCONN early. They have improved considerably since we played.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

The basis for comparison for the team should really be Holtz' last year, not Taggart's 2013. Have we improved relative to that? Not even close.

completely agree. Someone else said you can't take two steps back and one step forward and call that progress. Are we better than 2012? Absolutely not.

2012 was a terrible year. Look at how bad we loss those games and tell me 2012 was better? They had BJ Daniels and still could only win 3 games. Would have loved to see what BJ could have done with CWT.  

Edited by Bull Daly

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He's getting 2 more. Book it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

So let me get this straight....CWT takes a team that was horrid, weak, lacking heart and using skip's team and most of his recruits goes 2-10 in his first year with a walk on QB and a QB that couldnt take a snap from center that is no longer playing football, a transfer that has never played, and a true freshmen then into his 2nd year with many of the same players from the previous coach, playing almost all of the new freshmen and redshirt freshmen he recruited just to start building for the future even though they are not ready and is 3-5 and will most likely go 4-8 or 5-7 with an outside chance of 6-6 , a 2 to 4 game increase in wins over the previous season and you all dont see progress?  What did you think was gonna happen?  CWT was gonna come in and magically cure all of Skip's ill doings and change a culture of laziness and losing in 1-2 years?  Most of you are out of your everloving minds to expect this was gonna be a quick turn around a 1 year fix.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So let me get this straight....CWT takes a team that was horrid, weak, lacking heart and using skip's team and most of his recruits goes 2-10 in his first year with a walk on QB and a QB that couldnt take a snap from center that is no longer playing football, a transfer that has never played, and a true freshmen then into his 2nd year with many of the same players from the previous coach, playing almost all of the new freshmen and redshirt freshmen he recruited just to start building for the future even though they are not ready and is 3-5 and will most likely go 4-8 or 5-7 with an outside chance of 6-6 , a 2 to 4 game increase in wins over the previous season and you all dont see progress?  What did you think was gonna happen?  CWT was gonna come in and magically cure all of Skip's ill doings and change a culture of laziness and losing in 1-2 years?  Most of you are out of your everloving minds to expect this was gonna be a quick turn around a 1 year fix.

Pretty much this.  I predicted 5-7 coming into the year but I think we end up a win short of that.  Anyone expecting anything great the first two seasons was being completely unrealistic... 

Pretty much this.  I predicted 5-7 coming into the year but I think we end up a win short of that.  Anyone expecting anything great the first two seasons was being completely unrealistic... 

This is year 2.

Team has made strides from year 1 but not as much as people expected.

Yes we could have won a few more of the games this year, but then again I think we are lucky to have won any.

In 2 years name a game that we have played well on both sides of the ball and you felt good about what you saw.

Nobody is expecting great....just a team that is prepared, plays hard and is slightly competitive.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This is year 2.

Team has made strides from year 1 but not as much as people expected.

Yes we could have won a few more of the games this year, but then again I think we are lucky to have won any.

In 2 years name a game that we have played well on both sides of the ball and you felt good about what you saw.

Nobody is expecting great....just a team that is prepared, plays hard and is slightly competitive.

This

There's a huge difference between losing and tucking your tail.

We be tail-tuckers, and it don't sit well.