• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Winning is a process, not an event

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think there are enough extreme adjectives or enough hyperbole to describe how dire it will be to lose to Tulsa.

As if McNeese St was not the cherry top

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't think there are enough extreme adjectives or enough hyperbole to describe how dire it will be to lose to Tulsa.

It wasn't.  All the McNeese State game did was shock us to our core and get our expectations to come crashing down to stark reality. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Still looking at winning as an event.  Win or lose this weekend the culture is changing.  If you understand the game it's easy to see.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

There were at least (although bad excuses) excuses people could come up with to try and wrap their heads around that. Taggart's first year, no QB, no talent, new system, etc etc. 2 Recruiting classes in, 2nd year of his system, a QB who has an idea of what he's doing. Still never should of lost to McNeese, but if we lose to Tulsa I think it's much worse for us as we move forward than the McNeese State loss last year. Don't get me wrong, I don't know if I'll ever get over the McNeese State loss, but just sayin.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

There were at least (although bad excuses) excuses people could come up with to try and wrap their heads around that. Taggart's first year, no QB, no talent, new system, etc etc. 2 Recruiting classes in, 2nd year of his system, a QB who has an idea of what he's doing. Still never should of lost to McNeese, but if we lose to Tulsa I think it's much worse for us as we move forward than the McNeese State loss last year. Don't get me wrong, I don't know if I'll ever get over the McNeese State loss, but just sayin.

McNeese (and 2013) was rock bottom.  I think we all need to see some signs that we are trending back upward.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146

Basically what we are experiencing is what life is like without a BCS (P5) tag. Some of us knew it would be much more difficult.

Edited by USF_Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

McNeese (and 2013) was rock bottom.  I think we all need to see some signs that we are trending back upward.

Yes. McNeese showed us what we were. Lose to Tulsa and/or SMU and it will be showing us there is no way back to being competitive.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

It's college, and we are at a disadvantage conference-wise on recruiting also.

Maybe on a national scale, but we should be at an advantage to compete for a conference title in the AAC most of our players were recruited while we were in a power conference. Are you telling me somehow ECU had a recruiting advantage on us coming from CUSA?

Yes. They didn't have a couple/few years of Holtz recruiting for them.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

As bad as McNeese was, losing these winnable conference games would hurt our progress/process more. It would mean we're still very broke. But TBPH, I could handle a loss if it was some kind of wild west shootout and we scored tons of points. I just want to see our O on the right track to feel better about the future. I think the D has a bright future already.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Will Tulsa be Taggart's Waterloo?

(I always wanted to say that)