• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shut out in second half and 17 pts...again

This power offense will not work here. Hell, it barely works at Stanford.

College football has changed. Most programs are moving away from this offense and moving towards a more up tempo spread attack.

We, on the other hand, stick with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust and put up 2 TDs a game.

Alabama uses a power, pro-style offense... so does Michigan State... just two off the top of my head. This style of offense will work fine once we get talented players. Skip Holtz ran a spread offense... how did that work out?

Those teams can recruit and land the players we can only dream about.

Exactly.  It's not about the scheme, it's about the players... in two years when Taggart has a team full of his recruits, people won't be complaining about a power offense.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

This power offense will not work here.  Hell, it barely works at Stanford.

College football has changed.  Most programs are moving away from this offense and moving towards a more up tempo spread attack. 

We, on the other hand, stick with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust and put up 2 TDs a game.

Alabama uses a power, pro-style offense... so does Michigan State... just two off the top of my head.  This style of offense will work fine once we get talented players.  Skip Holtz ran a spread offense... how did that work out?

There are very few teams that run it when talking about 124+ college football teams vs how many run that offense. I don't ever think it'll work the way it works at Stanford, Alabama, Michigan State, etc. I think it can be serviceable, but that's about it. Unless Taggart finds a way to get the next Blake Bortles here.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

College football has changed. Most programs are moving away from this offense and moving towards a more up tempo spread attack.

We, on the other hand, stick with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust and put up 2 TDs a game.

Alabama uses a power, pro-style offense... so does Michigan State... just two off the top of my head. This style of offense will work fine once we get talented players. Skip Holtz ran a spread offense... how did that work out?

Exactly.  It's not about the scheme, it's about the players... in two years when Taggart has a team full of his recruits, people won't be complaining about a power offense.

So far that scheme has given us the 124/124 ranking in total offense last year, and 122/124 this year according to ESPN. 

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total

We have an issue with talent, but not THAT big of an issue... 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,617
  • Days Won:  51

So far that scheme has given us the 124/124 ranking in total offense last year, and 122/124 this year according to ESPN. 

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total

We have an issue with talent, but not THAT big of an issue...

It is pretty cool that 7 of the top 11 leaders in offense are G5 schools. Never would have thought that...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Execution was terrible I really think game changer was the called back first down early in 3rd quarter when we were driving.

That penalty changed everything.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Execution was terrible I really think game changer was the called back first down early in 3rd quarter when we were driving.

That penalty changed everything.

It really did a td and we could have killed Ecu confidence...

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Would, should, could, DIDN't

Kind of sums up USF athletics

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This power offense will not work here.  Hell, it barely works at Stanford.

College football has changed.  Most programs are moving away from this offense and moving towards a more up tempo spread attack. 

We, on the other hand, stick with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust and put up 2 TDs a game.

Alabama uses a power, pro-style offense... so does Michigan State... just two off the top of my head.  This style of offense will work fine once we get talented players.  Skip Holtz ran a spread offense... how did that work out?

Better than this.