• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

17 point curse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Question - Why do very few programs run this offense?

It's boring, people want touchdowns and passing. Plus it's hard to find the players to make it work consistently.

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!

Actually, not so much ... if you think tonight was boring you don't have a pulse.  Also, we passed 42 times and ran the ball 27 times.  You can't say it was because of playing from behind because we led for 90% of that game.  

Hard to find the players to make it work consistently is probably the only thing that was right.  We are certainly not there yet.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I want more than 17 points, especially when all of them were in the first half and we had all of the momentum.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I want more than 17 points, especially when all of them were in the first half and we had all of the momentum.

If you are able to find the mysterious touchdown fairy, please be sure to inquire on behalf of USF.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

If we can't get more than 17 against Tulsa, we might as well just pack it in for the season. They are ranked 125th in scoring defense and have held an opponent under 31 only once in the last 11 games. They have given up 42 or more 6 times in that span.

Well, then. We'll just have to play down to their level, won't we.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just wondering how long it will take for this offense to become productive enough to win games. On offense, our QB is below average at best. Davis and McFarland are seniors. Other than Mack, there has not been another freshman contributing anything meaningful. As talented as the recruiting class is supposed to be, none of the play makers have been good enough to displace players on a mostly inept offense.

The concern is that next year we are going to be expect the offense to be significantly more productive with a bunch of freshmen, RS freshmen and mostly inexperienced sophomores? Even on the OL we are banking on a lot of newcomers to be bigger, badder and better. Takes an OL time to gel.

Every game I wonder more and more whether the problem is talent or offensive coaching philosophy and play calling.

If we are still saying we have to wait till coach T's guys get here and develop it could be another 3 years before we are a team that can compete for at the top of the conference. Maybe another 2 before bowl eligibility.

We can blame Holtz all we want, but this team has not really been competitive yet except against Western Carolina and a team in worse shape than us. By competitive I am not talking about not just getting blown out, but actually making it a ball game with a chance to win in the last couple of minutes. Just leading at halftime is not competitive.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

The 17 point thing was really bugging me as well.  I dont know if it was irony or this teams collective fate that Kloss missed late, almost like, we could not break 17 no matter what.

To those with optimism:  Its starting to sound a lot like those Holtz losses where we would make games competitive and while fans were frustrated about the loss, there was always just enough hope we could turn around just a few things and the team would ultimately succeed and win those type of games.

There has been improvement yes, but the ceiling for this team, these coaches, this style of play just isnt high enough in my opinion.  17 points against some of the conference opponents we have upcoming will be inexcusable.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The offense will work. What won't work is getting a delay of game when you have a timeout to use. Or punting at midfield down 2 scores

white isnt a leader and makes  dumb mistakes

he has no savy

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Its not the offensive scheme that is the problem.  Its our sloppy execution.  I saw about 5 or 6 dropped passes tonight in big situations.  Not blocked, straight up dropped.  We made good gains on the ground but we can't follow that up with successful play action passes.

the talent level  at wr is low

how can that be?

the dumb penalties! 

our players have nostamina as run out of case to start the 2nd half every game