• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 6ft SG Jahmal McMurray offered

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Vega, thanks for all of your excellent input. In High School football, the trend is for players to graduate early and enroll in January.

However, McMurray has already graduated but re-classified to 2015 which delays his enrollment for a year. Who does Sunrise Academy even play (i.e. - other high schools, junior colleges)?

High School Basketball always seems a little sketchy with all of these "academies" or private schools (i.e. - Oldsmar Christian, etc.) created for basketball.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

extremely proud and blessed to say that I have officially committed to the University of South Florida to play basketball @sunrisehoops

Exactly what is an "official commitment"?  You can still de-commit from an official commitment can't you?  Isn't this like football where it is official when you sign a letter of intent?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Basketball has an early signing period in November I believe, so less wait. Most get it over with then so they can concentrate on their senior year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

extremely proud and blessed to say that I have officially committed to the University of South Florida to play basketball @sunrisehoops

Exactly what is an "official commitment"?  You can still de-commit from an official commitment can't you?  Isn't this like football where it is official when you sign a letter of intent?

I think maybe he put it that way because HE is the one posting it .... unlike, for excample, the Montero misfire reported by Rivals earlier.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Vega, thanks for all of your excellent input. In High School football, the trend is for players to graduate early and enroll in January.

However, McMurray has already graduated but re-classified to 2015 which delays his enrollment for a year. Who does Sunrise Academy even play (i.e. - other high schools, junior colleges)?

High School Basketball always seems a little sketchy with all of these "academies" or private schools (i.e. - Oldsmar Christian, etc.) created for basketball.

You can learn more about them on their website.

http://sunrisechristianhoops.com/formerplayers.html

• 3 weeks later...

Bz1qzz7CMAAUYda.jpg

He wears #44

He's 2-0 so far at Sunrise.

W 10/31/14 State Fair CC Sedalia, MO 7:30PM

W 11/1/14 St Louis CC Sedalia, MO 3:30PM

Here is his schedule:

http://sunrisechristianhoops.com/schedule/prepteamschedule.html

I didn't check for recent videos.

To be attempting NBA range 3-pointers at the high school level (high school highlight video above), the kid must have a lot of confidence in his shooting ability. A sharp shooting 3-point threat is something we have been missing for a while and would be a much welcomed addition to USF basketball.

No doubt. LOL

bGfOUtKv_normal.jpeg Mac @buckets113  Â·  Nov 1

Million dollars in the corner pocket I just shoot the rock like I'm John Stockton.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

To be attempting NBA range 3-pointers at the high school level (high school highlight video above), the kid must have a lot of confidence in his shooting ability. A sharp shooting 3-point threat is something we have been missing for a while and would be a much welcomed addition to USF basketball.

No doubt. LOL

bGfOUtKv_normal.jpeg Mac @buckets113  Â·  Nov 1

Million dollars in the corner pocket I just shoot the rock like I'm John Stockton.

if he ain't lyin', we FLYIN' !!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

But man, those ole tighty whiteys make me feel old.

He talks about why he chose USF. Seems like a level headed player.

PG McMurray Commits to USF

Sunrise Christian (Kan.) Academy point guard Jahmal McMurray has verbally committed to the University of South Florida.

6_3097780.jpg

McMurray, a three-star prospect according to 247Sports, took an official visit to USF over the weekend and announced his commitment on Monday picking USF over Sam Houston State, SIU, and Nebraska-Omaha among others.

“It was the people honestly,†McMurray said. “I talked to the A.D. and assistant A.D. and my academic lady—those were the first people that caught my attention. I’m going to get a great education and that school is really high on academics so that was a big plus. The coaches are real high on academics too, they don’t even let you practice if you have a ‘D’. They really care about how you’re doing in school so that was a plus too.

“I also got in good with the team. We bonded really well. It was just like being at home, that’s how I really felt. The coaches have so much experience. You have coach Rod Strickland, who played in the league for 17 years; coach Orlando Antigua, he was a Kentucky assistant for years and Antigua’s brother was at Seton Hall so there’s a lot of high-major programs they have been in so the program is going to turn around quick.â€

McMurray graduated from Topeka (Kan.) Highland Park in May and reclassified to the 2015 class. While at Highland Park, he was a three-time all-state selection including first-team all-state as a senior averaging 19.7 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.4 assists, and 1.1 steals a game.

He was named City Player of the Year his junior and senior seasons helping lead the Scots to the state championship game both years with a 47-3 record. He scored 1,155 points and made 202 3-pointers in high school career.

He played summer ball with Top City, which also had Division I prospects Tyrone Taylor (Wichita State), Eddie Hunt, currently at Barton C.C. and Shaffee Carr, who is at Iowa Western C.C.

He will enroll at USF for the 2015-16 season.

1_674215.jpg

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Article/PG-Jahmal-McMurray-Commmits-to-USF-32023681