• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s Taggart gets familiar advice from mentor Harbaugh

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

“Here’s the thing: We’re frustrated, too. We’re ticked off, too. We want to win, too. Most folks don’t understand how we’re trying to rebuild. All they understand and know is what we’ve done in the past, and they want to get back there as soon as possible. But this isn’t a quick-fix thing. You’ve got to fix it the right way and rebuild it the right way. I think we’re doing that.’’

I don't know if this guy even gets it. How about all some of us fans want is for our team to look competent. How about seeing a team that is actually watchable on Saturdays? I'm sure there are some people want this turned around in a year but I think the majority just want a respectable showing and are fine with a 4 or 5 win season to start as an improvement and go from there. I don't know if he knows how bad it is.

There is absolutely NOTHING a coach can say at times like this to appease some. He acknowledged the the fans are frustrated, ticked off and want win. I'm not sure exactly what you would have him say other than what he did.  ... I'm sure "We're hoping to just look competent and ultimately get 4 or 5 wins this season to show improvement to our fans" would have gone over real well.

Why even bother to read what he says?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

the good news is cwt will get his shot

he is not being fired  this year no matter what so he will get another recruiting class at least

the bad news---he could recruit a ton a great players but if qb play doesn't improve there wont be many more wins

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

the good news is cwt will get his shot

he is not being fired  this year no matter what so he will get another recruiting class at least

the bad news---he could recruit a ton a great players but if qb  offensive line play doesn't improve there wont be many more wins

FIXED IT even though you'll never understand it.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Wille T, take a page from Yoda's book

Wisdom-of-Yoda.png

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

“Here’s the thing: We’re frustrated, too. We’re ticked off, too. We want to win, too. Most folks don’t understand how we’re trying to rebuild. All they understand and know is what we’ve done in the past, and they want to get back there as soon as possible. But this isn’t a quick-fix thing. You’ve got to fix it the right way and rebuild it the right way. I think we’re doing that.’’

I don't know if this guy even gets it. How about all some of us fans want is for our team to look competent. How about seeing a team that is actually watchable on Saturdays? I'm sure there are some people want this turned around in a year but I think the majority just want a respectable showing and are fine with a 4 or 5 win season to start as an improvement and go from there. I don't know if he knows how bad it is.

There is absolutely NOTHING a coach can say at times like this to appease some. He acknowledged the the fans are frustrated, ticked off and want win. I'm not sure exactly what you would have him say other than what he did.  ... I'm sure "We're hoping to just look competent and ultimately get 4 or 5 wins this season to show improvement to our fans" would have gone over real well.

Why even bother to read what he says?

You're right. There isn't anything he can say to make fans happy when things are going like this. When I read above what is highlighted it comes off to me as fans are upset because they want to be a 9 win/bowl team every year and taste the top 25. I believe that's far from the case.

My issue had nothing to do with the beginning of the article with them being "ticked off" and want to win etc. I like everything but what's highlighted in blue. The "we're hoping to just look competent and ultimately get 4 or 5 wins...." give me a break haha. I never said I want him to say that. I said that's ALL THAT FANS WANT at this point. And he is talking to the fans and about the fans in this article that all they "Know and understand is the success we've had in the past and want to get back there as quick as possible". Well yes, of course we want to get back there as quick as possible, and of course we remember the success we had, but that's not our fan base's issue! The issue is that the team isn't even somewhat competent.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Holtz never had a vision. 

We can all agree this is painful and not the place USF wants to be. But at least we have a leader who is at least stepping up and saying "I'm taking responsibility, please follow me, I have a vision". 

I'll definitely give Taggart props for his convictions. It may ultimately be his undoing, though.

If he is right and his vision works we get a strong football team in a couple of seasons.

If he is wrong and goes down with the ship at least he will leave us well stocked to go forward with. 

Other then suffering through some games now there is not a downside to this. That said hopefully we start winning quickly and can put wondering about these woes behind us. 

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Which one is more played out?

Taggart telling harbaugh speech stories

Or

Jameis winston's public apology speeches

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0