• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

As a Maryland fan i am worried about this game so much

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

I really worry about our defense ... Our scheme seems easy to break through by a well-built team.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I hope that there's not a cloud in the sky.

It doesn't look like you're going to get your wish. 

Forecast 3 days out is 60% chance of rain, scattered showers.  High of 90. 

So hot AND humid, I like it. 

Thanks for the insight Terpsfan, I think this game will be close and fun to watch. I think you do have the edge on us simply because of talent and experience. Our team is still very young. They could have a great game or they might not, very untested at this point. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

I hope that there's not a cloud in the sky.

It doesn't look like you're going to get your wish. 

Forecast 3 days out is 60% chance of rain, scattered showers.  High of 90. 

So hot AND humid, I like it. 

Thanks for the insight Terpsfan, I think this game will be close and fun to watch. I think you do have the edge on us simply because of talent and experience. Our team is still very young. They could have a great game or they might not, very untested at this point. 

Yes that is true you guys are young. But i worry about every team we play. heck i thought the jmu game was going to be closer, like 30-17 win for my Terps we shall see.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

How sad...4-5 years ago, we would have been the easy favorites over Maryland, especially early in the season. 

It's interesting that you say that.  In 2009 Maryland was 2-10, 1-7 in conference and in 2010 they went 9-4, 5-3 in conference

Sorry Apis, but according to some posters on this forum no team that went 2-10 one season will be any good the next season. Stop making up facts, teams that are bad stay bad forever. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Well, we found a Terp pessimist, focused on the potential negatives.

As noted above, we have a lot more.  I do think Maryland should be 17 pt favorites, after last week, but it's hard to say how good/bad a club is.  Maryland certainly has a scarier offence.  Our D flexed (and broke) a lot more than all of us hoped/wanted.

So, we're hoping for a steamy, hot day in the blistering sun.  But my guess is, it won't be much different than Maryland right now, as they are still enduring a hot summer. Noon kick off would've been better (hottest game I ever attended for only 90, at Gainesville.  But, not a cloud in the sky, and the heavy, humid air just laid over all of us in the Swamp).

Hope we ball out & are in position to win this.  We don't need this win to get on the map (no offense, but did beating UM put Marshall on the map?).  We need to return to winning ways, and reach new highs.  Now beating Wisconsis...yeah, that'd be at the ND, Auburn or WVU level.

Still, thanks for chiming in with the insight.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Our speed used to be showcased more, but the schemes we've ran recently do not utilize it, and we play slower, or so it seems.

Maryland's offense scares me. I think we can make some stops on defense, but for how long? If Maryland keys in on our run game, and neither of our QBs can move the ball, this won't be close. I really hope White shook it off and can start looking at his options, which will open the cycle up for the run game to flourish too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

If we can beat Maryland we are back on the map? Sweet I just wanted to beat UCF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I really worry about our defense ... Our scheme seems easy to break through by a well-built team.

I don't understand this thinking? Why would you be worried? Are you worried about the defensive coordinator? Last year McNeese St put up 424 yards against the defense and the defense was ranked 21st averaging 350 ypg by the end of the season. This year WCU puts up 454 against a defensive scheme that is being deployed for the first time ever and you are worried? If you are actually worried, not so much about our personnel or DC, but about a 3-4 scheme, you know who else plays a 3-4? Louisville for one, who just beat Miami 31-13 oh and Alabama uses it to win national championship. We haven't played a well-built team with this scheme and the last scheme worked pretty well I'd say. This is nothing but nonsense. Now if Maryland, NCST and UConn all put up big offensive numbers I will be glad to come back and apologize. Well, i wont be glad to but I will.

• Upvote 1