• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

How can you think we're in worse shape??

Edit for omitting the obvious: WE WON

We should have destroyed that team. We were 27 point favorites against the worst team in FCS which in the lat 2 seasons has only been able to beat Mars Hill and Elon. To win by escaping an onsides kick is not in my opinion progress. Just calling it as I see it. I had much higher aspirations, I thought it wouldn't have even been a challenge and it certainly should not have been.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I get your point, but you surely have to concede mine: last year we were 0-1, this year we are 1-0. That's better, not worse.

Lots of negatives in that game, but just like a LOT of other FBS schools, we escaped with a win for our first game. That's all that matters in every game...."just win baby", right?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I don't agree with Davis. After the overthrown pass to Davis on the first drive, I just don't think he was targeted that much. But he did make that money 44-yarder that he got injured on and that was it.

I'd place Johnny Ward under winners as well, in coverage he did pretty good, broke up a couple of passes.

Overall good list, though.

Agree about Davis. That one play setup a score. I didn't see many passes go his way. He is still the main guy despite a good performance from Adams

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I don't agree with Davis. After the overthrown pass to Davis on the first drive, I just don't think he was targeted that much. But he did make that money 44-yarder that he got injured on and that was it.

I'd place Johnny Ward under winners as well, in coverage he did pretty good, broke up a couple of passes.

Agree about Davis. That one play setup a score. I didn't see many passes go his way. He is still the main guy despite a good performance from Adams

He was overthrown on an easy TD, then on a first down (INT).  Then, he makes a diving catch & is injured.  I'm sure he was bummed big, especially knowing we were losing & he couldn't help.  That's senior leadership.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

Winners: USF

Losers: people bashing Davis when he was hurt and missed a huge chunk of the game

In all seriousness, the defense needs to tighten up, but the offense was better than any four quarters combined last year. Note I'm not saying they were great, just better than last year.

Yes, against the worst team in FCS.

Yeah I guess a team can never improve.  Sucks for us.

Dude, I'm glad we barely won. All I was doing was putting it perspective. I was really fired up for the season to start and thought we might have a team that could possibly compete for the AAC title. After seeing that debacle on the field I think we are in worse shape than last season. I was expecting 10 steps forward and what we got was a side step at best.

Yeah I know I was pissed after that game despite the win.  I watched the replay and the team really did look flat and WCU looked pumped up for the game.

Some bright spots were we got down but didn't give up like last year and when we took the lead the defense played at a higher level for a few series and shut WCU down before going back into limp mode and letting them move the ball.  

Though White looked like crap and that was my biggest disappointment.  He did player better in 2nd half so maybe just first opening game rust or something. 

WCU also looks much improved their coach is from App State and he has them on the right track…they could be a decent FCS team this year.

Usf has a history of playing to the level of the other opponent also.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

He was overthrown on an easy TD, then on a first down (INT). Then, he makes a diving catch & is injured. I'm sure he was bummed big, especially knowing we were losing & he couldn't help. That's senior leadership.

He seems to have grown up a bit after watching him on the sidelines. Didn't see him pout

He was overthrown on an easy TD, then on a first down (INT). Then, he makes a diving catch & is injured. I'm sure he was bummed big, especially knowing we were losing & he couldn't help. That's senior leadership.

He seems to have grown up a bit after watching him on the sidelines. Didn't see him pout

There were a few guys here saying he was sulking, but I really think he was upset at the injury/score. I did see him draping Mack after a touchdown, encouraging him.  That's leadership.  To quote the great Forrest Gump, "It's ok to be sad".

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Winner: Drew Felios. I thought he did a great job as play by play

Loser: Doug Graber. I thought he was terrible as always....it's amazing how this guy still has a job. And wow does he love to hear himself talk...On Rodney Adams end around that went for 9 yds Felios called in correctly. Then in replay Graber "analyzed" it, calling Adams Ryeshene Bronson...then he talked of how "excellent" WCU's onside kick execution saying "they kicked right at USF blocker who didn't handle it...I could've swore they just "dribble kicked" the ball because the blockers had turned to run and set up the blocks...so many more I could mention

Winner: Drew Felios. I thought he did a great job as play by play

Loser: Doug Graber. I thought he was terrible as always....it's amazing how this guy still has a job. And wow does he love to hear himself talk...On Rodney Adams end around that went for 9 yds Felios called in correctly. Then in replay Graber "analyzed" it, calling Adams Ryeshene Bronson...then he talked of how "excellent" WCU's onside kick execution saying "they kicked right at USF blocker who didn't handle it...I could've swore they just "dribble kicked" the ball because the blockers had turned to run and set up the blocks...so many more I could mention

Yeah, his cracking voice is annoying. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

How can you think we're in worse shape??

Edit for omitting the obvious: WE WON

We should have destroyed that team. We were 27 point favorites against the worst team in FCS which in the lat 2 seasons has only been able to beat Mars Hill and Elon. To win by escaping an onsides kick is not in my opinion progress. Just calling it as I see it. I had much higher aspirations, I thought it wouldn't have even been a challenge and it certainly should not have been.

Escape? It was 30-17 then 38-24 with seconds on the clock. We didn't "escape", we won. And they scored a last second TD in junk time.

And while WCU may have sucked for a long time, I will certainly be keeping an eye on their final scores this year. Will you take your statement back if it turns out they excel in their conference?

You jump the gun and go way out there constantly on this forum.