• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

winner: press coverage with the DB's

loser: DB's playing 15 yds off the ball.

WCU's offense was pretty much dead in the water when the coverage changed.

I watched the replay last night on the watch espn app and noticed that.

I also noticed there was a play in the first half where the WCU defense was playing with a 3 man front. They blitzed 2 in the same gap between the OC and RG...Threatt was the guard and D'Ernest Johnson was the RB...Threatt was flat footed and got beat but Johnson flipped his guy on his head with a great block. However Threatts assignment got to the QB causing an errant throw with the hit. On the same play, TE Price ran an out route to Andre Davis side. Welch,  who lined up by Davis, ran a go route. WCU had 3 defenders in the area. 1 went with the go route...the other 2 came down guarding the underneath out route...leaving Davis COMPLETELY UNGUARDED on a hook route about 15 yds out...could have been a huge play if Threatt gets his block.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

How can you think we're in worse shape??

Edit for omitting the obvious: WE WON

We should have destroyed that team. We were 27 point favorites against the worst team in FCS which in the lat 2 seasons has only been able to beat Mars Hill and Elon. To win by escaping an onsides kick is not in my opinion progress. Just calling it as I see it. I had much higher aspirations, I thought it wouldn't have even been a challenge and it certainly should not have been.

Escape? It was 30-17 then 38-24 with seconds on the clock. We didn't "escape", we won. And they scored a last second TD in junk time.

And while WCU may have sucked for a long time, I will certainly be keeping an eye on their final scores this year. Will you take your statement back if it turns out they excel in their conference?

You jump the gun and go way out there constantly on this forum.

Sorry you see it differently. I'm sure the Catamount coach is telling his kids they played great, continued to fight, and came within recovering an onsides kick (and still had a time out) from winning the game. Sorry if I thought I would see something different this season. All I said was it doesn't look that way.

Also, you jump the gun on other posters making things personal all the time.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Don't be mad. It's 1 game, and we won it so you did see something different.

It's too early to fly off the handle.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Don't be mad. It's 1 game, and we won it so you did see something different.

It's too early to fly off the handle.

+1 please calm down a little...it was week 1. Things will get better....I'm a little more level headed after watching the game again. I'm hoping to watch each game this season twice to really see what is going on

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

If WCU doesn't score that garbage TD, the end result would be similar to ELON '07:  a two TD win.  Most remember how that season turned out.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If WCU doesn't score that garbage TD, the end result would be similar to ELON '07: a two TD win. Most remember how that season turned out.

Shhhh, there will be no rationalizing around here sir.

We snuck one out and were only saved because we fielded the onside kick apparently.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

If WCU doesn't score that garbage TD, the end result would be similar to ELON '07: a two TD win. Most remember how that season turned out.

We snuck one out and were only saved because we fielded the onside kick apparently.

Also our qb should never play again because of a crappy completion percentage.  Don't show them the 181 passing yards, or 20+ yards per completion stat.  Clearly 9-26 means he's worse than Floyd and should never see the field.  

Third worst comp percentage in the country?  Oh no!!!!  Ignore that the two qbs with worse % had 50 yards passing (McEvoy) and 34 yards passing (Hankerson).  Let's lump White in with those guys.

This is feeling exactly like the whole BJ/Eveld debate.  And many of those Eveld supporters were hushed, harshly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This team will get better as the season moves along...6 wins

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

I think a lot of people forget that this was only White's 7th game he's ever played in at the college level. Couple the nerves from that with losing 2 of your starting offensive lineman, and expecting a freshman RB to pick up pass blocking duties, and anyone would get happy feet. One positive is that it seemed he did settle down in the 2nd half, and he wasn't sacked at all.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

You should stop flying off the handle with your optimism.