• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston Cougars new stadium - Why can't USF do this?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone here remember Auburn? Were you there?  I was and was part of a group that rented an RV and started partying Friday evening (the REAL Auburn fans start Thursday evening) and it ended when we left Sunday AM.  RV's galore, alumni showing up and on campus for two to a few days, students partying around the RV's, the sun dresses, the pagentry.  Will that ever happen in RJS parking lots with the parking nazi's kicking you out right after the game?  Will they ever allow parking any sooner than five hours before the game?

We know the answer, hell NO!  Until we can actually have a USF stadium, our game day experience will be weak.  We may win big games against big opponents at RJS yet again in our future and possibly even with RJS near capacity but we'll never be able to have the game day experience that's represented at schools like Auburn and Ole Miss.  We need our own stadium and parking areas for that to happen. Until that happens, our fan growth and alumni support will be just as weak.  

OK, I'm off my soapbox, now tell that I need to contribute $1M to a new stadium since that seems to be a standard canned response in TBP.

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

here you go psteazy

THAT BOAT has sailed for usf

the interest isnt there anymore

bear sofio has it right

timing is everything

how can you justify building a stadium when you dont compete at the same level as the big 3

Edited by smazza
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Anyone here remember Auburn? Were you there?  I was and was part of a group that rented an RV and started partying Friday evening (the REAL Auburn fans start Thursday evening) and it ended when we left Sunday AM.  RV's galore, alumni showing up and on campus for two to a few days, students partying around the RV's, the sun dresses, the pagentry.  Will that ever happen in RJS parking lots with the parking nazi's kicking you out right after the game?  Will they ever allow parking any sooner than five hours before the game?

We know the answer, hell NO!  Until we can actually have a USF stadium, our game day experience will be weak.  We may win big games against big opponents at RJS yet again in our future and possibly even with RJS near capacity but we'll never be able to have the game day experience that's represented at schools like Auburn and Ole Miss.  We need our own stadium and parking areas for that to happen. Until that happens, our fan growth and alumni support will be just as weak.

OK, I'm off my soapbox, now tell that I need to contribute $1M to a new stadium since that seems to be a standard canned response in TBP.

This all the trappings of the perfect Catch-22 scenario ...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

how can you justify building a stadium when you dont compete at the same level as the big 3

This would seem to qualify as a "good reason", or at least a decent reason to NOT begin construction at present.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

here you go psteazy

bear sofio has it right

timing is everything

So UCF, FAU, FIU shouldn't have stadiums?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Hooked another.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

here you go psteazy

bear sofio has it right

timing is everything

So UCF, FAU, FIU shouldn't have stadiums?

Dude, High Schools have OCSs too..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Hooked another.

The subject of the thread makes the post even more ludicrous, unless he realized where he was and did for effect ......................................................... Nahhhh.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

Isn't the tailgating time limit our fault? I remember we used to be able to bring kegs and tailgate for a while but I thought it was a drinking issue where they had to cut it back. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I get that most if not all of us would love to have an OCS one day, would had been great if we had one all along, but we need to concentrate on more important and pressing issues right now.

All of these things can  and need to happen with or without a OCS:   Winning games,  getting noticed, beating the drum to get into a So called Power conference in the Near future or before expansion stops for good.( OCS is not a prerequisite to get an invite or to be in a power conference )(see Miami, USC, Pitt, Temple, to name just a few).

A New shiny OCS will only draw fans for the first few seasons (until the "New Expeiernce" wears off). After that it will be like the Sundome, sitting half full at best against our Biggest Opponents (thanks to them buying tons of tickets).

Winning will fix a lot of our issues. Unfort Tampa and USF fans are fair weathered for the most part. A lot of our fans always have too many things to do when the teams are struggling.  See the Bucs and the "100, 000 season ticket waiting list"  to the black outs in the recent years.   See USF in 2006, 2007 and look at the last 2 years.

We will never get to the  Auburn level or Packer level for NFL.  Too many transplants and fair weathered fans with too much to do other than football( even though I don't understand that logic but some say so).

Edited by Dhambuc