• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Club- Home Tailgate

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Entirely too heavily invested in BullBackers to switch horses mid stream (I love sayin' stuff like that). However, I can see an advantage if you don't wanna BYO. Did they do this last year, or is this yet another new involvement opportunity from the fine folks at Fowler Avenue? It sounds like a pretty good deal.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Nope loved it when it was the Varsity Club but times have changed

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Entirely too heavily invested in BullBackers to switch horses mid stream (I love sayin' stuff like that). However, I can see an advantage if you don't wanna BYO. Did they do this last year, or is this yet another new involvement opportunity from the fine folks at Fowler Avenue? It sounds like a pretty good deal.

Ditto. Bull Backers lot is a lot of fun. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

If anyone is looking for inspiration for good gameday snacks, please check out the USF Cookbook.  My wife and I are both alumni and we created this cookbook with over 50 Bulls-inspired recipes as a way of giving back to the community.  What's more, 25% of the proceeds for every book we sell is going toward USF Student Scholarships.

We worked all summer to create a bunch of really awesome recipes themed around our Bulls and our Competitors, such as the Doritos-Crusted "We Ain't Chicken" Sliders, Raging Bulls Mojitos, and the Wisconsin "We Won't Be Badgered" Mac & Cheese Pizza bites. 

Here's the link to share: Collegiate Cook: USF Gameday Recipes
10598549_336532196507936_1180470668_a.jp

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

It does sound intriguing.  But we'll continue our tailgate tradition for at least the next few years.  It does get harder and harder to plan, set up, take down and then clean up.  But everyone enjoys it so much.  So for now...................

CousinRicky..did you guys finally move your seats and join the fancy people?  Didn't see you on Saturday (we sit behind you, next to the "first down" guy!

Also just as an update on the tailgate we had a great time.  The BBQ was quite good...open bar for 3.5 hrs....and very friendly staff members.  They also sent an e-mail out today mentioning they were going to double the size as it did get a bit crowded and seats were hard to come by if you hadn't arrived early.  It was fun, but still a bit corporate if you are used to really hard partying type tailgates lol.

Kudos to them for not only putting on a great event, but for asking the fans about their experience to see how it could be even better.  I left very impressed.

OK, how come I didn't know you were on the Bullspen?  Or is this just another thing I don't remember?

We just moved over one section.  Will probably still be able to hear Carlos yell "First Down" from where we're sitting.  Didn't make the first game as we were out of town but should be there this week.  Come on over and say Hi.

As for the Bulls Club tailgate we may be doing a group of 50 for the Homecoming game.  Not definite, but close to.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

It does sound intriguing.  But we'll continue our tailgate tradition for at least the next few years.  It does get harder and harder to plan, set up, take down and then clean up.  But everyone enjoys it so much.  So for now...................

CousinRicky..did you guys finally move your seats and join the fancy people?  Didn't see you on Saturday (we sit behind you, next to the "first down" guy!

Also just as an update on the tailgate we had a great time.  The BBQ was quite good...open bar for 3.5 hrs....and very friendly staff members.  They also sent an e-mail out today mentioning they were going to double the size as it did get a bit crowded and seats were hard to come by if you hadn't arrived early.  It was fun, but still a bit corporate if you are used to really hard partying type tailgates lol.

Kudos to them for not only putting on a great event, but for asking the fans about their experience to see how it could be even better.  I left very impressed.

OK, how come I didn't know you were on the Bullspen?  Or is this just another thing I don't remember?

We just moved over one section.  Will probably still be able to hear Carlos yell "First Down" from where we're sitting.  Didn't make the first game as we were out of town but should be there this week.  Come on over and say Hi.

As for the Bulls Club tailgate we may be doing a group of 50 for the Homecoming game.  Not definite, but close to.

Just an FYI

Let them know a as early as possible. Some friends of ours signed up for it. They were told that on Friday there were almost 100 new people sign up. Planned for 200 and had 300 or so show up, kinda caught'em off guard.

CousinRicky, I like the Homecoming idea...

Just an FYI

Let them know a as early as possible. Some friends of ours signed up for it. They were told that on Friday there were almost 100 new people sign up. Planned for 200 and had 300 or so show up, kinda caught'em off guard.

CousinRicky, I like the Homecoming idea...

We've already talked to Jim Harris.  Said he needs a count by Tuesday before the game.  Hope to get it to him sooner than that if we can.  This isn't our doing.  One of the couples that tailgates with us has a group from out of town coming to a meeting that weekend in Tampa.  So they are inviting our normal tailgate group to join their group.  We asked about getting a caterer into the parking lot and TSA won't allow it.  So the Bulls tailgate was our best option for a big group.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I'll jump in and say we did the Bulls Club tailgate, thought it was great, so we booked it again this weekend. Food was good, drinks were cold, and we liked not having to drag tents, chairs and coolers around. The price was a steal. $15 a person (if you book in advance). 

I know some have great tailgating traditions, but if you aren't tied to what you already do, and you are a donor, then this is a great opportunity. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Me and my wife will be at this tomorrow. After hosting a tailgate event last weekend for my wife's birthday and smoking some pork for 15 hours, I've decided to let someone else do the work this week. 

I'll jump in and say we did the Bulls Club tailgate, thought it was great, so we booked it again this weekend. Food was good, drinks were cold, and we liked not having to drag tents, chairs and coolers around. The price was a steal. $15 a person (if you book in advance). 

I know some have great tailgating traditions, but if you aren't tied to what you already do, and you are a donor, then this is a great opportunity. 

We are going to see how it goes the one week and, if we enjoy it, may plan on a couple or more next year.  We have all the gear and it would seem a waste to give it all up.  But each year it it getting to be more and more work for the Mrs. and myself.  We love our gatherings every week but it is usually a 12 hour day or more with prep, set up, break down, game and clean up and putting stuff away after we get home.