• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Analysis for the team this year

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I'm in favor of execution for the offense...

Where have I heard that one before?
John McKay Tampa Bay Buccaneers

He had some great ones that made our embarrassment somehow a little easier to swallow. One of my favorites (creds to Wiki):

• After receiving harsh criticism from the media about McKay's coaching skills in the NFL, McKay replies "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas." In the next interview, members of the media left bananas for McKay. He then replied, "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a Mercedes Benz."

One of my favorites was about a kicker. When told that one of his kickers said he got nervous whenever McKay watched him, Coach's paraphrased response: "He's in trouble, then. I plan to be at every game".

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

He had some great ones that made our embarrassment somehow a little easier to swallow. One of my favorites (creds to Wiki):

• After receiving harsh criticism from the media about McKay's coaching skills in the NFL, McKay replies "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas." In the next interview, members of the media left bananas for McKay. He then replied, "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a Mercedes Benz."

McKay was awesome, even when the Bucs weren't.  But he really got them into contenders quickly.  As a Cowboys & Bucs fan, I was shocked when he took Bell over Dorsett.  But later I wondered if their careers would've been reversed, had Bell had the fortune to run behind the Cowboys line.

This one always mystified me.

The other real headshaker was taking Doug Williams over Hershell Walker

Can you imagine Dorsett and Walker in the same backfield?

'course with our O-line back then, they'd both have been on injured reserve by the third game...

Oh well, woulda could shoulda

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

McKay was awesome, even when the Bucs weren't.  But he really got them into contenders quickly.  As a Cowboys & Bucs fan, I was shocked when he took Bell over Dorsett.  But later I wondered if their careers would've been reversed, had Bell had the fortune to run behind the Cowboys line.

'course with our O-line back then, they'd both have been on injured reserve by the third game...

Didn't Walker flat-out tell them that he would not sign with Tampa Bay?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

McKay was awesome, even when the Bucs weren't. But he really got them into contenders quickly. As a Cowboys & Bucs fan, I was shocked when he took Bell over Dorsett. But later I wondered if their careers would've been reversed, had Bell had the fortune to run behind the Cowboys line.

I thought that was Bo Jackson.

McKay was awesome, even when the Bucs weren't. But he really got them into contenders quickly. As a Cowboys & Bucs fan, I was shocked when he took Bell over Dorsett. But later I wondered if their careers would've been reversed, had Bell had the fortune to run behind the Cowboys line.

I thought that was Bo Jackson.

It was .... and they drafted him anyway. :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Bucs has the worst owner in the history of sports (Culverhouse). How this clown got an NFL franchise is one of sports greatest mysteries.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That was Bo Jackson. Walker was never a draft pick as he signed with the USFL's NJ Generals after his Jr. Year.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I have been slammed the last 6 months, do we have a competitive team or how is it looking

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Bucs has the worst owner in the history of sports (Culverhouse). How this clown got an NFL franchise is one of sports greatest mysteries.

He was an attorney and had suits against the NFL. Sometimes the squeaky wheel...

That was Bo Jackson. Walker was never a draft pick as he signed with the USFL's NJ Generals after his Jr. Year.

Actually, he was drafted by the Cowboys in 1985 and went there when the USFL folded ...