• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team coverage lacking.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

awful coverage overall -- no excitement heading into season

I'm not sure what there is to be excited about.

I'll be happy with an improved season.  This isn't going to a 10-2 SportCenter-covered season. I'm just praying for bowl eligibility...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Stripped of stealth mode!

LOL

Enjoy the limelight when you get it!

Cinders_in_the_limelight_by_moonmomma.jp

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

awful coverage overall -- no excitement heading into season

For the youngsters, this isn't the first time the local media has ignored USF. But keep in mind even many on staff at USF use this period for vacation, etc. It's about to wind up.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

:facepalm:  Fall practices haven't even started yet. There is nothing to report on. Any public high profile praise will be seen as loony at this point, that is just for us with our green and gold goggles at this point. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Its the TRUE OFF SEASON.   Nothing to report on really at this time other than The new Conference Mates have joined the conference,(ECU, Tulane and Tulsa) Ville and Rutgers are no longer American.    Most teams are only doing strength and conditioning right now,  Camps haven't really started up yet. Give it a cpl or weeks and football will be front and center.

As far as "them not talking about us" (Media)  its up to USF to give them something to talk about and I Suspect we will do that the first month of the season(several games should start them talking about us esp IF and when we win those games). The first game will be talked about because its the first game.  The win's over MD and NC State will get us more discussion. The upset over Wisconsin will get us back on track and possibly knocking on the doors into the polls, It will also make ESPN start talking about us as well. 

Bowl eligibility should happen this year,  (just hoping its not the Bahamas bowl)  Timing around the holidays, , passport issues ect... will make it like the International Bowl (Toronto) and attendance will suffer. We didn't even take the entire Band to that game.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

So fall amp starts in August. Maybe this is just a dead period between spring and fall. Feels like not a lot of developements were made in the spring.

Unanswered questions:

Leading QB

Leading RB

receiving lineup

Has team improved motions?

I've got to believe the QB job is Mike White's to lose.

I would be supremely disappointed if the running back situation were settled at this point.  Tice tweaked his knee and its been all Mike Pierre through the spring.  The two freshman coming in and Tice returning should make that position a battle.  I think we'll see a lot more rotation in the position than last year, but the leader has got to be Pierre at this point simply because he was the only guy healthy.

Our receiving corps is Andre Davis, Seah Price, and Chris Dunkley, if he can keep it together.  I think Dunkley will since it's his senior year.  It's now or never for him.  Rodney Adams is an interesting addition.  Not sure who else can join the group for to put up catches.

After an entire year with the system and getting to focus with two QB's instead of a cluster f*%# group of four cycling in and out, the motion penalties will absolutely reduce tremendously.  They wont go away entirely.  I still bet we're due for 1 to 2 a game.  It just comes with the system.

I think McFarlane breaks out even more.  Also, a senior trying to finish strong.

Also, this nice re-tweet from Auman.

Retweeted by Greg Auman

Wells Dusenbury â€@DuseReport1063 ·49 mins

Big area recruiting news: #VaTech DE signee Kevin Bronson (Village Academy) has been granted a scholarship release. Will enroll at #USF.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Also, this nice re-tweet from Auman.

Retweeted by Greg Auman

Wells Dusenbury ‏@DuseReport1063 ·49 mins

Big area recruiting news: #VaTech DE signee Kevin Bronson (Village Academy) has been granted a scholarship release. Will enroll at #USF.

A little more:

2014 defensive end Kevin Bronson (Delray Beach, Fla./Village Academy) won’t be headed to Blacksburg as originally planned.

Instead, the 6-foot-4, 233-pound prospect will enroll at USF.

Bronson was a three-star prospect and the No. 139 player in Florida according to 247Sports out of high school. He took an official visit to USF back on January 17, but ended up committing to the Hokies on February 1.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Bronson-released-to-enroll-at-USF-29452594

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Keep those grades up! Good addition for depth, should be good for a few snaps this season.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Stripped of stealth mode!

LOL

Enjoy the limelight when you get it!

Cinders_in_the_limelight_by_moonmomma.jp

128191169421.gif

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I liked 98.7 when they had their initial lineup but I agree booger is becoming less tolerable. Love the morning show and Fan Interference. Can't stand Jim Rome or the afternoon shows. 

Same. They started up trying to be a reasonably intelligent station focusing on local teams and USF.

I guess that didn't pull the ratings because the morning show turned into a wanna be morning zoo, the USF coverage got scarcer and when Rome jumped to CBS he got picked up for the afternoon.

I enjoy Rome in small doses, but day in and day out he wears on me.