• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CB Kenneth Durden

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I can understand the staff overlooking a little gram bag of weed and punishing the kid while keeping him around. Even though you don't want kids on your team smoking that stuff and breeding that type of atmosphere among the athletes.

However, This was FELONY POSSESSION, which means he had OVER 20 grams. Nobody holds over 20 grams on them for personal consumption.Unless he went Sams Club style on his dealer.

How you people equate that with Coach Mathies getting pulled over, refusing to blow, and having the case dismissed is beyond me.

Kind of hard to say "It's not mine" on this one gents. If durden hired a good attorney and it got knocked down to a misdemeanor or he accepted adjudication withheld, then great for him and best of luck on his transfer.

However, If Mathies got pulled over with an empty 24pack next to him, then by all means fire the guy and these two stories relate.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I can understand the staff overlooking a little gram bag of weed and punishing the kid while keeping him around. Even though you don't want kids on your team smoking that stuff and breeding that type of atmosphere among the athletes.

However, This was FELONY POSSESSION, which means he had OVER 20 grams. Nobody holds over 20 grams on them for personal consumption.Unless he went Sams Club style on his dealer.

How you people equate that with Coach Mathies getting pulled over, refusing to blow, and having the case dismissed is beyond me.

Kind of hard to say "It's not mine" on this one gents. If durden hired a good attorney and it got knocked down to a misdemeanor or he accepted adjudication withheld, then great for him and best of luck on his transfer.

However, If Mathies got pulled over with an empty 24pack next to him, then by all means fire the guy and these two stories relate.

That is not really accurate. 1oz is 28 grams (roughly). It is far cheaper to buy an oz ($250 for good "dro") vs paying $100 for a 1/4, or $60 for an 1/8th. Much better to risk getting caught once with then several times with small bags. So going sams club as you call it is actually quite common. Economics is economics regardless of the merchandise. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Kudos to him for being so business savvy. That will serve him well at some other college.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We should change the rules for college admission and companies' HR requirements, too. I mean, an impoverished culture can't meet those standards either, so maybe lowering them will help motivate to achieve.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm going to go in and tell my boss about how the company standards don't mesh with my upbringing and from now on, I make my own rules.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

Cool story. 

The fact is that there is a lot of propaganda and lies about Marijuana. I am sure there is probably a lengthy off topic discussion on this somewhere. But I know several lawyers, executives, business owners, soldiers, policemen, firefighters, and teachers, who all smoke and lead perfectly normal successful lives. There are people out there that would flat out surprise you to find out they smoked, and how much/often they did. It is even rumored a few presidents and an Olympic athlete toked up quite a bit as well. Point is as Washington and Colorado are proving, the times are changing and it really needs to move beyond this. Not every smoker is a deadbeat hippy just like not everyone who drinks is a deadbeat drunk. There is a time and place for it and it can like anything be abused. I strongly would not recommend it's use for any athlete is it is metabolic and will break down muscle. However it should not be demonized as it is, and the reason it got this way was power hungry and racist political agenda that is finally falling apart. 

Or we can keep wasting billions on it and ruining peoples lives for no good reason.. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Notwithstanding the legal/rule issues, I think some of the "OH MY GOD THAT'S SO MUCH" posts need some perspective... 20 grams is less than 3/4 of an ounce. (4 teaspoons!) Not like he had a trunk full.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Illegal = bad judgment, quantities and commonality notwithstanding. Fight the rules (ie, Colorado) but don't expect you'll be exonerated if caught. You won't.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Not to say having that much weed is ok or not but a lot of states only issue a citation(much like a traffic ticket) for anything less than an oz. Florida is one of the strictest states on marijuana; I was shocked when I moved to Tampa. I'm not a smoker but I couldn't believe it when I heard about people getting arrested for having a gram on them.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

That's not always true. People buy in bulk all the time. Especially in college when often times people bring it from home.

Also, Mathies potentially put his life, and others lives in danger. Durden, not quite,

Legally, misdemeanor v. Felony, obvious which is worse. But socially, not crazy to say a DUI is worse than possession of some dope.