• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Front 7 depth chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I think Calloway will have a huge year. Wouldn't surprise me if he is a starter game 1.

Agree.  He got some time on the field last year, and we saw flashes of the potential he has.  Senat is a big boy, 300#+...but he's unproven.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Big collisions will happen. Wisconsin may just plow right thru us though.

Man, I'm a little worried about that myself. Them Wisconsin boys eat beef & potatoes. I just hope our O can give the D some time to rest. If it's like last year, we'll get hammered by a run-heavy team.

I thought we held our own against Mich St, who ended up finishing in the top 5. I don't think we're going to see *that* much of a regression.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm very concerned about the 3-4's ability to stop the power run game. The lack of true 3-4 ILB's and a true and experienced NT that eats up space and blockers is a big time question mark.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I'm very concerned about the 3-4's ability to stop the power run game. The lack of true 3-4 ILB's and a true and experienced NT that eats up space and blockers is a big time question mark.

Well if on running downs we utilize bulk it may help. Like Chandler and Watson as DE and Hamilton or Calloway at nose. They should eat up blockers pretty effectively. Now if they pass, not sure they'd create much pressure, but should be able to push the pocket at least. Chandler and Watson are good athletes for guys their size

Good point, our LB's are SS sized this year. Very worrying.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Cliett v Jackson Harley and holman are all good/big size. Bres and woodie will have to work fast cause we are going to need these guys for wisky/md and ecu/ucf

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Jimmy bayes as an edge rusher maybe? Three linemen be hill, watson and chandler. Harris cliett and auggie as the other three lbs.

Thats my guess.

You have one middle and 3 outside.   The other guy in the middle will likely be Legrand Harley who's at big kid also at 240 pounds.  Also Nick Holman and then there are others like Swain, Whitehurst, and Bullock who all saw some time in the middle.  But you'll likely not see Bayes, Harris, Cliett and Sanchez on the field at the same time because you have two players who play the same position (Will LB) and you'd be missing a middle.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Good point, our LB's are SS sized this year. Very worrying.

Harley weighs 240, Holman 235, and Sanchez 245... those are the middles.  Outside Cliett is up to 225, Harris is around 215-220, Jackson 255, Whitehurst 218, and Bullock 225.  This will likely be one of the biggest LB core we have had in 6 years.  It is going to be one of our biggest defenses in a really really long time.  When you look up front you are going to see DE Watson 289 an Hill 270 with Chandler at NT at 312... NT Senat 320, NT/DE Calloway 295, DE Love 245, Perry 261... etc... we're actually going to be bigger than we were last year on defense and we only play 1 power running team the entire season... Wisconsin.  

Edited by MonteBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Good post. We have options but implementing the right schemes to the players so quickly will be a struggle.

Harley weighs 240, Holman 235, and Sanchez 245... those are the middles.  Outside Cliett is up to 225, Harris is around 215-220, Jackson 255, Whitehurst 218, and Bullock 225.  This will likely be one of the biggest LB core we have had in 6 years.  It is going to be one of our biggest defenses in a really really long time.  When you look up front you are going to see DE Watson 289 an Hill 270 with Chandler at NT at 312... NT Senat 320, NT/DE Calloway 295, DE Love 245, Perry 261... etc... we're actually going to be bigger than we were last year on defense and we only play 1 power running team the entire season... Wisconsin.  

My bad. The "proven" LB's (Cliett, Harris, Whitehurst, etc) are all hovering around 220.

The LB corps of Lanaris/Barrington/Lattimore that was a staple much less than 6 years ago were *all* 235-240.

Let's see the new guys prove their capable of playing - and starting - D1 football, then the worry will be assuaged. Until then...