• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF at Cincy, Oct 24

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

So what's the deal with Cincy chili? Chili is not usually on my list of things to eat on a road trip. And it won't exactly be cold on Oct. 24.

Just a regional thang. It's a little sweeter instead of spicy, and you eat it on top of spaghetti noodles with lots of shredded cheddar cheese on top. Each restaurant has subtle differences, but they're all very similar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili

Skyline to Cincinnati is like White Castle is to Louisville or Waffle House is to Atlanta. It seems like there is one on every corner, and if not Skyline then Gold Star or Empire. 

I don't know if they'll do it for the UC games, but when the Bengals play, Gold Star sells 4 packs of their coneys at the concession stands. I happen to love the garbage. :D

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We've got a Skyline in Clearwater on US19 about halfway between Countryside and Curlew. 

Wow. Must be a retired Cincy native...

I can get it up here in the frozen foods section of my local Harris Teeter

• 3 weeks later...

We've got a Skyline in Clearwater on US19 about halfway between Countryside and Curlew. 

The owners of the Skyline on 19 also had a place called Cincy's Finest, where you could get Graeters Ice Cream, La Rosa's Pizza, Montgomery Inn ribs and other Queen City things. It didn't make it.

May be a good weekend for football. Ravens are in town Sunday, to play the Bengals. Same stadium.

http://www.bengals.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

Got tickets for that game, too. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

The owners of the Skyline on 19 also had a place called Cincy's Finest, where you could get Graeters Ice Cream, La Rosa's Pizza, Montgomery Inn ribs and other Queen City things. It didn't make it.

May be the best ribs I've ever had in my life.  Haven't been there in close to 20 years though.  Graeters Ice Cream is good, got it in L'ville a couple of times, but not sure it is a world class ice cream.  JMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Cincinnati is one of my favorite cities. If you're going, I HIGHLY suggest the Morelein Lager house. Amazing food and killer beer. RIGHT by Great American and a 2 minute walk from Paul Brown

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

We just stayed there this weekend and had breakfast at a place called Nada.  It was delicious

If you can swing it the C21 hotel is supposed to be awesome 

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Just booked my airline tix to Cincy.  Next step:  buying USF tickets.  Can't decide between buying thru USF or StubHub.  Need 4.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just booked my airline tix to Cincy.  Next step:  buying USF tickets.  Can't decide between buying thru USF or StubHub.  Need 4.

Buy thru USF if you can. It adds to our travelling reputation and rewards the school. Buying thru stubhub rewards Cincy fans

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Buy thru USF if you can. It adds to our travelling reputation and rewards the school. Buying thru stubhub rewards Cincy fans

Plus, you would, hopefully, be in an area with other Bulls fans. Never really understood going the SH route. I understand you can get better seats most of the time but it's a lot better experience surrounded by other Bulls fans, IMO.