• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prado/Baseball goes out with a whimper

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

USF getting smoked by a team hating to leave all these Ws behind when they leave the AAC.  Ruggers is slamming USF, 9-0, only in the 3rd.  Thankfully, the 10 run mercy rule will euthanize this team soon.

Assuming this is a double elimination tourney, and Herget goes next game.  With a 1.28 ERA and a 7-6 record, if the Bulls bats keep silent, the season will end with a horrific slide, capping what is likely the worst year, combined, for the 3 revenue sports.

It's a tough era to be a Bull.  But hopefully better days are ahead, with new blood infused into our programs, from AD Harlan to the 3 new coaches.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

He was a terrible coach and nothing can convince me otherwise. It is a shame how this program has hit the crapper...especially with the facilities upgrade. I hope Prado's community involvement work is better than his coaching.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

He was a terrible coach and nothing can convince me otherwise. It is a shame how this program has hit the crapper...especially with the facilities upgrade. I hope Prado's community involvement work is better than his coaching.

I feel Prado was average, but those facilities are indeed amazing. Putting a winner on that field would really be something. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

What a strange freaking game that was last night.  RU hit 2 or 3 balls hard.  From their very first batter every ground ball had eyes. Either up the middle just out of reach or between 1st and 2nd basemen.  Those of us there just couldn't believe it.  Casey actually induced mostly ground balls and not hard hit ground balls.  Crazy.  Of course we doubled our hit output to 2 in the 7th with a single.

Only good part of the night was meeting the MBB coaches and new AD.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

but he leaves with a job in hand

brilliant

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Good for Prado for getting that job in hand. It's a nice happy ending.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

No, he wasn't terrible, he was just mediocre. Which was par for the course for most of USF's history. Athletics was just not very important, and mediocrity wwas tolerated (encouraged even?)

Until CJL and LRS came in and shook things up by giving us the opportunity to think we could achieve greatness.

Woolard was merely mediocre as well, not terrible.

The sleeping giant is restless, will we awake or not?  I think so (hope so anyway!)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

No, he wasn't terrible, he was just mediocre. Which was par for the course for most of USF's history. Athletics was just not very important, and mediocrity wwas tolerated (encouraged even?)

Until CJL and LRS came in and shook things up by giving us the opportunity to think we could achieve greatness.

Woolard was merely mediocre as well, not terrible.

The sleeping giant is restless, will we awake or not?  I think so (hope so anyway!)

Looks like we are way off topic but since we are.  My wife and I met the new AD yesterday at the LRS.  Told him we are going to support the team/school in good times and bad.  He said, "But we are here to win".  Me likey.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'm still torn on whether I like that Prado is still around. His skills in his future role seem decent, but something about a guy who just can't produce getting another job here just doesn't sit right. I assume he will be expected to produce some quantifiable results in that area.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

What a strange freaking game that was last night.  RU hit 2 or 3 balls hard.  From their very first batter every ground ball had eyes. Either up the middle just out of reach or between 1st and 2nd basemen.  Those of us there just couldn't believe it.  Casey actually induced mostly ground balls and not hard hit ground balls.  Crazy.  Of course we doubled our hit output to 2 in the 7th with a single.

Only good part of the night was meeting the MBB coaches and new AD.

Ricky, I really appreciate the boots on the ground perspective you give when you attend.  Following via Twitter or on line doesn't give you a sense for the details, but your insight shared colors in the blanks...so, much thanks.  Glad you met Harlan.  Am going to try to catch the tour in Miami, if I can schedule that time.