• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

F Kamari Murphy, Oklahoma State transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I mentioned him originally in the Kanty thread on a hunch that they might have a plan to play together again at USF.

kareem canty â€@KCANTY1 May 7

I'm happy for my brother @Oakstate_Murphy now we just need to make it happen !!!

He will visit USF and Miami and then make a decision:

Kamari Murphy to Visit Miami, South Florida

May 19th, 2014 11:08 am

Transferring Oklahoma State forward Kamari Murphy will visit Miami and South Florida in early June, New York Lightning coach Dana Dingle told SNY.tv.

Murphy will visit USF June 1 and Miami June 8.

A 6-foot-8 sophomore originally from Brooklyn, Murphy averaged 6.1 points and 6.3 rebounds last season at Oklahoma State.

Murphy initially picked Oklahoma State over Florida, Miami, Missouri, UConn, Auburn and Louisville in August 2011 out of IMG.

South Florida has already landed one transferring New York native in Marshall’s Kareem Canty.

The Lightning also have ties to USF head coach Orlando Antigua and assistant Oliver Antigua. Seton Hall had landed two Lightning players in Angel Delgado and Khadeen Carrington before Oliver left Seton Hall for USF.

Oklahoma State previously lost senior swingman Brian Williams, who is transferring to Louisiana-Lafayette and will be eligible to play immediately.

http://zagsblog.com/transfers/kamari-murphy-to-visit-miami-south-florida/

Zach Braziller â€@NYPost_Brazille · 3h

Was told Seton Hall or South Florida for Kamari Murphy last week. Now, it seems, Seton Hall out of mix, so gotta think South Florida.

Another article:

Oklahoma State transfer Kamari Murphy to visit Miami, South Florida in June

Terrence Payne

May 19, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT

Kamari Murphy became the most recent player to exit the Oklahoma State program when he announced his decision to transfer on May 8. The 6-foot-8 sophomore is planning on visiting a pair of programs in Florida in early June.

Murphy, a Brooklyn native who attended IMG Academy in Florida, is scheduled to visit South Florida on June 1 and Miami a week later, according to Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv, who spoke with Murphy’s former AAU coach, Dana Dingle.

Miami head coach Jim Larranaga has scored with transfers in the past, most recently, his back court of Angel Rodriguez (Kansas State) and Sheldon McClellan (Texas), both of whom are eligible this upcoming season. South Florida hired Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua on April 1. It didn’t take him long to land his first impact transfer in ex-Marshall point guard Kareem Canty.

Murphy averaged 6.1 points and 6.3 boards per game for the Cowboys, being inserted into the starting lineup when Michael Cobbins went down with an injury in late December. He’ll have two years left to play once he sits out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/19/oklahoma-state-transfer-kamari-murphy-to-visit-miami-south-florida-in-june/

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

Would be awesome if we snagged him too! Just sucks they can't make an impact next season....

He loves Pizza. So, on the chance that he will see this thread, I want to let him know that we have some very good NY-Style pizza joints down here. These are a few of them, in no particular ranking order.

Best New York Pizza

Taste of New York Pizzeria

Alfonso's Pizzeria

Eddie & Sam’s NY Pizza

Paci's Pizzeria 

Feel free to add to the list. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

A little out of the way, but my wife an I would eat here http://islandspizza.com/ when she was at UT.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Can't wait to try some of those Pizza joints in Tampa! Thanks for the list...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Cristino's Coal Fired Pizza.....Clearwater & Ybor City.    Super fast (cook'ed in 5 minutes) and simply fantastic.

http://www.cristinospizzeria.com/

Not the same as NY-style, but it is pretty delicious nonetheless. If Kamari Murphy comes to USF, with Canty on board, the 2015-2016 basketball season may get mighty interesting.

Cristino's Coal Fired Pizza.....Clearwater & Ybor City.    Super fast (cook'ed in 5 minutes) and simply fantastic.

http://www.cristinospizzeria.com/

Not the same as NY-style, but it is pretty delicious nonetheless. If Kamari Murphy comes to USF, with Canty on board, the 2015-2016 basketball season may get mighty interesting.

With the supposed commitment today from RPeters, I don't think we have a current scholarship left for him. Perhaps, someone else is leaving.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

It's a shame, lots of guard recruiting and a couple big men (can't overstate how excited I am about bringing in another big man) but we haven't heard much at the forward. Another guy to add depth would have been great but I won't get greedy.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

If Cousins and Peters come on board at #USF as reported, they'd fill the Bulls' 13-scholarship allotment for next season.