• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mock Men's Hoops Lineup '14-'15

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Listen, I love USF, but this will be another tough year. In fact, this team looks to be much worse on paper than last year's team, which wasn't pretty. I think that we have to hang our hats on that Orlando is building this team for 2016-2017. We will have a lot of experienced Juniors at that point and he should also be able to find some strong Freshman and Sophomores by that point. But I think it's fair to expect a losing conference record for the next two seasons. Go Bulls!

Looks worse on paper because of all the unknowns. Only have 3 of the front 9 players with game day experience at this level. Wild card is AC's health. Outlook is definitely better with him at full strength and CA at sg rather than going with CA at point and 3 rookies in there with him ... I definitely wouldn't write off 2015-16 that quickly, either. Even if AC's gone, if Canty signs and lives up to the billing, he should fill in fine and all the kids should have a ton of experience going into that year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Good point.

Didn't stop VCU though. Here's hoping Coach O is 3/4 the coach Shaka Smart is...

I'd settle for 75%.

I'll raise my hopes to 6/8th's.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Jimmy Baxter played all over Europe and 8s now in Argentina. Of course its easy to get there when all you have to do is jump. Dude had serious hops.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Jimmy Baxter played all over Europe and 8s now in Argentina. Of course its easy to get there when all you have to do is jump. Dude had serious hops.

Too bad we never got a chance to see him on the FB team, like he wanted. It would have been fun to see him jumping there.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Think if Collins stays healthy and others improve from last season and with the new talent coming in, We should easily increase our wins to 15 or more this season. Im optimistic the future of USF BB looks bright.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Too bad we never got a chance to see him on the FB team, like he wanted. It would have been fun to see him jumping there.

Yeah. Probably one of the best pure athletes I've seen first hand. Probably still holds the school record for the T&F high jump. This was kinda a big deal way back when:

http://m.conferenceusa.com/m/sports/c-track/spec-rel/041302aab.html

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Think if Collins stays healthy and others improve from last season and with the new talent coming in, We should easily increase our wins to 15 or more this season. Im optimistic the future of USF BB looks bright.

Hopeful for 15 or more wins. Too many first year players. You never know what they will give you.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I would put Holston at SG move Perry to PF and Guerrero at C.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Really inexperienced team.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Excerpt from Joey Knight's article...

Starters

PG Anthony Collins, Sr.*, 6-1

SG Corey Allen Jr., Sr., 6-1

SG/SF Nehemias Morillo, 6-6

PF Dre Clayton, RFr., 6-6

C Chris Perry, So., 6-8 

Off the bench

SF Bo Zeigler, RFr., 6-6

SG Troy Holston, Fr., 6-4

SG Dinero Mercurius, Fr., 6-4

C Ruben Guerrero, Fr., 6-10

Remaining roster

G Jake Bodway, RFr., 6-2

C Jordan Omogbehin, RJr., 7-3

That starting lineup is not bad, but the SG spot is wide open in my opinion and Guerrero is a mystery to many. I think Ruben and Morillo are going to be better then what some think and will be good contributors to the up coming season. Perry and Clayton are plenty strong and heavy enough to hold their own inside. If Clayton is fully recovered and in shape, he will be a huge help scoring and rebounding.

Edited by Vega