• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

orlando school will get bump

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

"Jacksonville destroyed every mock draft in existence by selecting Blake Bortles with the third overall pick. In the process, they may very well have sidelined their latest rebuilding project. Having maintained total radio silence on Bortles from the beginning of the process, the news that the Jaguars would take him was the first stunning development of the night. Sometimes, a surprising pick can make a lot of sense in hindsight. This is not one of them."

Thats ESPN's take on the pick.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I stopped listening to ESPN talking heads  years ago. They have no idea who will be drafted when, by whom and how good they will be. Last night, the meltdown by Johnny slipping was epic.  Johnny...JOHNNY......JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!!

I ignore them when they say nice things about Bortles  or UCF( not very often) and ignore them when they are negative. They dismiss everyone except anyone connected to the SEC.

Same guys said Baylor by 40. Yeah, whatever.......back to carrying the SEC baggage.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

we live in a far different time fellas

internet,twitter etc

Orlando school qbing nfl team will be a boon for their program

your failure to realize it is laughable and point out the lack of sophistication among usf fans

And if he's a flop? How do you think that will affect them?

I bet neither will matter much.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I stopped listening to ESPN talking heads  years ago. They have no idea who will be drafted when, by whom and how good they will be. Last night, the meltdown by Johnny slipping was epic.  Johnny...JOHNNY......JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!!

I ignore them when they say nice things about Bortles  or UCF( not very often) and ignore them when they are negative. They dismiss everyone except anyone connected to the SEC.

Same guys said Baylor by 40. Yeah, whatever.......back to carrying the SEC baggage.

Bortles got picked higher than I did...so I'm not knocking the guy.  I don't follow UCF closely, but I saw how good Bortles was as a freshman, so I'm not surprised he's in the NFL (didn't see 1st round, but he's earned it).  But I've never seen a story or interview with or about him that made him look like a tool.  He seems like a QB most colleges are kicking themselves for passing on (maybe even USF).  Good luck to the guy, despite the stigma of being a Knight :lmao:  :GoBulls:

• 2 months later...

No stigma, the man can sling it. 

Combined stats from his 3 preseason appearances:

28 of 44, (64%) 433 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int

Pre season though. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

UCF didn't much of a bump when Daunte Culpepper went to the NFL.  And Culpepper was far better than Bortles.

We shall see.e

One reason could be that post Duante, the program had no pop. Today may be different...... Maybe. It will be in Petes hands or Patti's hands to deliver. Patti will not give up without a huge fight for QB1.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Bortles is the most impressive rookie QB thus far. . . . . . . but I've seen this year described as an atrocious QB class.

That said, if Bortles shines, I cannot see USF beating UCF in a recruiting battle for a Duval County QB. . . . . . . that is about the only bump I see that would sting USF.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Bortles is the most impressive rookie QB thus far. . . 

You've been watching different games than I have.

Good God you are a hater.

Jaguars QB Blake Bortles finishes preseason 32-of-51 passing for 521 yards, with 2 TDs and no INTs

Edited by footnfan1