• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the national news good or bad for USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Not weird and not confused you missed what I was saying.  It was saying it was weird to see some USF guy saying oh there are whispers about UL when, in the end what's the crime?  He had an asst on staff without a degree?  I thought that was kind of funny.    I understand why USF couldn't hire him.  It's a shame they couldn't I think he would have changed everything for the better down there.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Louisville obviously cares more about winning than the integrity of the coaches they hire.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not weird and not confused you missed what I was saying.  It was saying it was weird to see some USF guy saying oh there are whispers about UL when, in the end what's the crime?  He had an asst on staff without a degree?  I thought that was kind of funny.    I understand why USF couldn't hire him.  It's a shame they couldn't I think he would have changed everything for the better down there.

I didn't miss what you're saying, I'm just incredulous that you seem to dismiss out of hand the character of Masiello and focus on that we lost a good coach, at the same time ignoring the alarm bells about Masiello's character and about Pitino's relationship with this guy. 

But in the end, that's what your school does ... Louisville's two major sports programs have people of low character on staff, so maybe the attitude where the coaching ability is valued higher than the character has trickled down to the fans too. 

Not weird and not confused you missed what I was saying.  It was saying it was weird to see some USF guy saying oh there are whispers about UL

No you weren't:

Kind of weird USF had no other choice. 

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471

I didn't miss what you're saying, I'm just incredulous that you seem to dismiss out of hand the character of Masiello and focus on that we lost a good coach, at the same time ignoring the alarm bells about Masiello's character and about Pitino's relationship with this guy. 

But in the end, that's what your school does ... Louisville's two major sports programs have people of low character on staff, so maybe the attitude where the coaching ability is valued higher than the character has trickled down to the fans too. 

Yeah I guess so.  Hard to live up to the Harvard of the south USF and the incredible character of staff's USF has.  Hey we will keep trying though,  Give us a chance.

Yeah I guess so.  Hard to live up to the Harvard of the south USF and the incredible character of staff's USF has.  Hey we will keep trying though,  Give us a chance.

Again, very disappointed with your recent posts ... petulance isn't very becoming.  Have a nice day, redbird. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

What I find interesting regarding the reporting at various online sites from regions around the country is some report Masiello lied and that was the cause for the issue, whereas others say it was that he hadn't graduated, sort of choosing to leave the whole resume honesty piece out of it.

Sort of like some here and some famous coaches.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386

Yeah that's the thing that stinks. Really think that kid would have been great for USF hoops. Everything I heard about him was great. I mean USF I know had to do what they had to do but if the kid was like a couple of credits short why not put in the contract you have to finish your degree within the next year or this contract is null and void. Kind of like what Boheim was saying is my thing. Then both parties win. Massiello has the degree and USF has a great coach.

Because in Florida having a degree is a requirement to coach at a public university. USF had no other option than to void the agreement.

As far as Pitino, I believe he honestly thought Mas had a degree. Louisville should have followed up and verified his credentials regardless. Even you should admit to that.