• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the national news good or bad for USF?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

National coverage has mostly been neutral or better for USF negative for Masiello.

Local coverage has been negative USF - Joey Knight and Tom Jones out with black eyes and embarrassment for USF.  Not sure how they saw it differently other than it creates a stir, or it's just the defacto process.  Johnston I think was neutral.

Pretty much agree. The Times headline writers are definitely in a ***** mode. JK digging up Keever and going with it was definitely a BM type move.

National coverage has mostly been neutral or better for USF negative for Masiello.

Local coverage has been negative USF - Joey Knight and Tom Jones out with black eyes and embarrassment for USF.  Not sure how they saw it differently other than it creates a stir, or it's just the defacto process.  Johnston I think was neutral.

Pretty much agree. The Times headline writers are definitely in a ***** mode. JK digging up Keever and going with it was definitely a BM type move.

Saw the headlines today, read both articles and couldn't figure out why they were piling on.  Jones seems to have a bit of a hard on for USF.  Was a bit surprised at Joey's article.  Realize these are opinions, but if you've read the sequence of events the same as we have on here, it is hard to comprehend the hate.  I just don't see how USF created the Debacle. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Saw the headlines today, read both articles and couldn't figure out why they were piling on.  Jones seems to have a bit of a hard on for USF.  Was a bit surprised at Joey's article.  Realize these are opinions, but if you've read the sequence of events the same as we have on here, it is hard to comprehend the hate.  I just don't see how USF created the Debacle. 

We got to install microwave ovens

Custom kitchen deliveries

We got to move these refrigerators

We got to move these color TV's

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Welp. There's one way to fix that.

Get out there say something to them. Tweet them, comment on their pages, send them emails.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

For the nation to be talking about USF basketball in late March is a rare occurrence and we should all enjoy it while it lasts.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Tom Jones everybody. Completely out of touch with with just about every news story...

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/basketball/college/blame-for-masiello-mess-falls-on-many/2172123

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Nationally, USF came off fine, Coach looked stupid. A lot of whispers about  why UL and his current school never verified his status.

USF had no choice, and eventually, the coverage bore that out.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Saw the headlines today, read both articles and couldn't figure out why they were piling on.  Jones seems to have a bit of a hard on  for USF.  Was a bit surprised at Joey's article.  Realize these are opinions, but if you've read the sequence of events the same as we have on here, it is hard to comprehend the hate.  I just don't see how USF created the Debacle.

It didn't.  It is nothing more than the writers trying to get more play from the story.

While I would love to get a coach with the passion and tenacity of Maisello, we need to get one who meets (at least) the minimum criteria required by USF.  We just have to be patient and let the hiring process play out.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I see it all as good for USF.

1) When nobody talks about you, you don't exist in their eyes.

2) USF didn't do anything wrong. We didn't pull a ND and do a hiring press conference. We actually look good. Both Louisville and Manhattan dropped the ball.

3) The news was that USF actually was going to spend over a million dollars on a bball coach. Please think about this for a minute... We paid Seth around 400K when others were getting what we are (trying to) paying now. So, for me, I think this is the biggest plus. The news is that USF wants to play bball and WIN! This is good for realignment and all of that. All of those school admins, etc., have read that and will have that in mind when they think about USF for realignment, etc.

4) As for the local fish-wrap, haven't they been waiting to ambush USF since forever? This was/is why I have so much respect for Greg Auman; he never took a cheap shot at USF.

Again, it's all good!

I'm ready for a NEW bball coach! GO BULLS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Probably because yesterday's Times headline/article had it pretty much a done deal, at least the print paper in Tampa did.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Probably because yesterday's Times headline/article had it pretty much a done deal, at least the print paper in Tampa did.

Ahhhh...

Makes sense now.

Hell hath no furie like a newspaperman scorned.