• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the national news good or bad for USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Tom Jones everybody. Completely out of touch with with just about every news story...

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/basketball/college/blame-for-masiello-mess-falls-on-many/2172123

Is there an award for D*ck of the Week?  If so, this guys wins.  Just a bored tool, bashing USF.  I'm cool with being critical, but taking snarky pot shots without having a clue is some bolt mired in his job, hoping to fan some flames. Idiot.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Tom Jones everybody. Completely out of touch with with just about every news story...

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/basketball/college/blame-for-masiello-mess-falls-on-many/2172123

Is there an award for D*ck of the Week?  If so, this guys wins.  Just a bored tool, bashing USF.  I'm cool with being critical, but taking snarky pot shots without having a clue is some bolt mired in his job, hoping to fan some flames. Idiot.

Then join in the conversation I started with Joey Knight on twitter about it. Tom Jones has bashed USF from the get go.

This is your HOMETOWN TEAM. Lots of alumni subscribe to your papers, why the heck would you continue to be negative towards that?? ESPECIALLY when the rest of the nation has shed a neutral to postivie light in USF's favor??

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This is your HOMETOWN TEAM. Lots of alumni subscribe to your papers, why the heck would you continue to be negative towards that?? ESPECIALLY when the rest of the nation has shed a neutral to postivie light in USF's favor??

Answer:  :stirpot:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Answer:  :stirpot:

A columnists' objective, most of the time, is to elicit emotion, therefore attention/readership. The majority of the time, they're either trying to piss somebody off or telling some weepy human interest story.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Is there an award for D*ck of the Week? If so, this guys wins. Just a bored tool, bashing USF. I'm cool with being critical, but taking snarky pot shots without having a clue is some bolt mired in his job, hoping to fan some flames. Idiot.

Then join in the conversation I started with Joey Knight on twitter about it. Tom Jones has bashed USF from the get go.

I responded to Jones via twitter, but then deleted it. Why feed the needs of an attention whore?

National coverage has mostly been neutral or better for USF negative for Masiello.

Local coverage has been negative USF - Joey Knight and Tom Jones out with black eyes and embarrassment for USF. Not sure how they saw it differently other than it creates a stir, or it's just the defacto process. Johnston I think was neutral.

Pretty much agree. The Times headline writers are definitely in a ***** mode. JK digging up Keever and going with it was definitely a BM type move.

Saw the headlines today, read both articles and couldn't figure out why they were piling on. Jones seems to have a bit of a hard on for USF. Was a bit surprised at Joey's article. Realize these are opinions, but if you've read the sequence of events the same as we have on here, it is hard to comprehend the hate. I just don't see how USF created the Debacle.

Probably because yesterday's Times headline/article had it pretty much a done deal, at least the print paper in Tampa did.

Those in print and online that jumped out and published the hire as being done are projecting their angst on USF. Their breaking news was another bust. Someone else has to be at fault.

Lol. Here is Knight's response to Hem

@TBTimes_Bulls: @HemUnit @TomWJones It's my job to be neutral & report. It's Tom's job to provoke thought and opinion. I'd say he's done that here. Thanks.

Where to start?

Provoke thought? Jones should start with himself.

National coverage has mostly been neutral or better for USF negative for Masiello.

Local coverage has been negative USF - Joey Knight and Tom Jones out with black eyes and embarrassment for USF. Not sure how they saw it differently other than it creates a stir, or it's just the defacto process. Johnston I think was neutral.

Pretty much agree. The Times headline writers are definitely in a ***** mode. JK digging up Keever and going with it was definitely a BM type move.

Saw the headlines today, read both articles and couldn't figure out why they were piling on. Jones seems to have a bit of a hard on for USF. Was a bit surprised at Joey's article. Realize these are opinions, but if you've read the sequence of events the same as we have on here, it is hard to comprehend the hate. I just don't see how USF created the Debacle.

Probably because yesterday's Times headline/article had it pretty much a done deal, at least the print paper in Tampa did.

Those in print and online that jumped out and published the hire as being done are projecting their angst on USF. Their breaking news was another bust. Someone else has to be at fault.

That certainly appears to be the tying bind to those blowing this way out of proportion .... Still have to chuckle at the "most embarrassing moment in the history of USF Athletics" histrionics. 

Lol. Here is Knight's response to Hem

@TBTimes_Bulls: @HemUnit @TomWJones It's my job to be neutral & report. It's Tom's job to provoke thought and opinion. I'd say he's done that here. Thanks.

Where to start?

I do have to agree with JK here .... although, he needed to add "no matter how outrageously stupid or ill informed he has to appear to do that."