• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the national news good or bad for USF?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Provoke interest or traffic to the site maybe.

Anyone able to read likely came to his piece equipped with thought and opinion. His sophmoric rants are unlikely to have an effect on readers thought or opinions, except for those about him.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Nationally, USF came off fine, Coach looked stupid. A lot of whispers about  why UL and his current school never verified his status.

USF had no choice, and eventually, the coverage bore that out.

Tons of Whispers in Tampa.  Not really anywhere else sorry.  Kind of weird USF had no other choice.  Seems like some other Hall of Fame coaches think there could have been.http://zagsblog.com/articles/manhattan-places-steve-masiello-on-leave/

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Nationally, USF came off fine, Coach looked stupid. A lot of whispers about  why UL and his current school never verified his status.

Tons of Whispers in Tampa.  Not really anywhere else sorry.  Kind of weird USF had no other choice.  Seems like some other Hall of Fame coaches think there could have been.http://zagsblog.com/articles/manhattan-places-steve-masiello-on-leave/

The story was on ESPN and SI, RedBird...not sure where you're looking, but it's beyond whispers.

Edited by JupiterBull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Redbird, starting to lose respect for you here.

First, that Hall of Fame coach didn't say USF had another choice, and even if he did, he would have been a damned idiot as USF HAD NO OTHER CHOICE by law, period.

Second, we wouldn't expect anyone in Louisville to hear "whispers" about UofL, but the facts remain that the UofL background checks were lax and Pitino either got lied to, or flouted the rules.

I don't have anything against Pitino, but he's not exactly the most trustworthy guy. 

Quit being so defensive, no one really cares about Louisville's role in all of this. 

• Upvote 1

Not really,  Not sure what USF fans are looking for but, seems weird.  Pitino had a kid on his staff he knew all of his life and he didn't have a degree......the travesty of it all.  Lol.  Dang man sux overall you couldn't Steve.  Awesome coach, great recruiter think he would of had USF hoops rolling in no time.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Not really,  Not sure what USF fans are looking for but, seems weird.  Pitino had a kid on his staff he knew all of his life and he didn't have a degree......the travesty of it all.  Lol.  Dang man sux overall you couldn't Steve.  Awesome coach, great recruiter think he would of had USF hoops rolling in no time.

I think we agree he would have been great for our program. And we would have loved to hire him, if he handn't lied on his resume and actually received his degree.

If he had fixed those problems, he'd have his tailored Armani suits all set up here in Tampa.

Now it looks like Manhattan  is stuck debating whether to keep him or not.

Yeah that's the thing that stinks.  Really think that kid would have been great for USF hoops.  Everything I heard about him was great.  I mean USF I know had to do what they had to do but if the kid was like a couple of credits short why not put in the contract you have to finish your degree within the next year or this contract is null and void.  Kind of like what Boheim was saying is my thing.  Then both parties win.  Massiello has the degree and USF has a great coach.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Try to understand this

HE LIED .

I'm not privy to the negotiations, but I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything until HE GOT CAUGHT.

Of course anyone can say "I would hire him", they don't make the descisions and apparently don't follow the law.

He lied?  I haven't caught that part of the story the last few days.  Thanks for bolding it and making it big.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He lied?  I haven't caught that part of the story the last few days.  Thanks for bolding it and making it big.

Glad we could help you, because per your own comments, you think it's weird USF didn't make it work with Masiello and you've seemed kind of confused about this whole topic in general. 

• Upvote 1