• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Getting Back to Toughness

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

It is a new era with new AD, new basketball HC and one-year head football coach.

Harlan's style is to be determined, but we know we have a couple demanding tough-love kind of coaches.

This previous Athletic Administration fired the passionate Jim Leavitt and brought you hug-hungry Holtz and soft touch Heath. Both are good men that filled the roles Genshaft and Woolard created.

With the turnover, and hopefully a strong willed, committed AD in Harlan, the Bulls can finally re-focus on just who the hell we are and not what we want people to view us as.

I hope Harlan, Taggart and Masiello stay true to being competitive and the best USF can be. That means coaches have to be at their best as do the players. The work has to be put in. The accountability begins now.

I trust Taggart and Masiello with that. They will build teams, not individuals. They will make these guys tough. Their happiness will come from success, not a beachfront camp or a luxurious training facility. Losse will hurt. Wins will be celebrated. Being a team, important again.

When we get that contract from Steve Masiello filed away, it will truly be a whole new era for USF.

We are going to be tough and we are going to compete.

Get here Fall.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That brought a tear to my eye

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

That brought a tear to my eye

The irony.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Well said.

USF really needed to hire an X's and O's guy when it came to basketball.   Heath did a very good job recruiting but year after year the team struggled offensively and ussually relied on one guy to carry the team on their back.  The fact that Pitino pointed Masiello our way is a good sign too.  Those two are very close and I don't think Pitino would lead him in the wrong direction.

Taggart is already doing an awesome job.   Last year was a throw-away year.  He inherited a broken team with no talent and a losing mentality and was able to get them to the point where they were playing competitively with some of the top AAC teams like UCF and Houston.   Then he went and pulled in a monster recruiting class, that was way better then anything Holtz was ever able to get.  If Taggart pulls in 1 more class like that the Bulls will end up at the point where they start steamrolling the conference just on talent.  The gap between USF and everyone else in the AAC is ridiculous.   It's what you are seeing at FSU right now.    Jimbo Fisher has out recruited the rest of the ACC so badly that that even the #2 and #3 teams in conference are not giving them much trouble at all.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Tough teams, yes. I want to see fight in our guys from start to finish--compete!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It all begins with strength and conditioning.

Separate the wanna-bees from the will-bees.

Guest PCBull14

Could not have said it better myself. Time to get back to the roots. Every play/possesion like the game is on the line.

Play Smart! Play Tough! Play Hard!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Just win.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Overall I feel we are on the right track, or at least on a better path. I guess we shall see over the next 2 years. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Just win.

That'd be great. I'd settle for them stomping on the pedal the whole game. No more hanging heads, pointing fingers, etc.