• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Getting Back to Toughness

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,948
  • Days Won:  12

Culture is huge. Taggart, Masiello hate losing. They will not take a #2 ranking or a bigger conference for granted. When the culture of excellence is standing on its own two legs, we will be a force.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Just win.

That'd be great. I'd settle for them stomping on the pedal the whole game. No more hanging heads, pointing fingers, etc.

Losing is still losing no matter how you do it and people don't come out to see teams lose ... 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Untrue.

Losing when all options and effort is exhausted is palatable. Losing due to lack of preparation, effort, focus, desire, etc. is not.

If it is losing of the former type and not the latter, it will also be more infrequent.

Untrue.

Losing when all options and effort is exhausted is palatable. Losing due to lack of preparation, effort, focus, desire, etc. is not.

If it is losing of the former type and not the latter, it will also be more infrequent.

So maybe we should start giving out participation trophies to teams that try really really hard but lose ...?

I'll give you there are different types of losing but it's true that people don't come out to watch teams that lose .... except in rare cases, see Cubs, Chicago.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

It is a new era with new AD, new basketball HC and one-year head football coach.

Harlan's style is to be determined, but we know we have a couple demanding tough-love kind of coaches.

This previous Athletic Administration fired the passionate Jim Leavitt and brought you hug-hungry Holtz and soft touch Heath. Both are good men that filled the roles Genshaft and Woolard created.

With the turnover, and hopefully a strong willed, committed AD in Harlan, the Bulls can finally re-focus on just who the hell we are and not what we want people to view us as.

I hope Harlan, Taggart and Masiello stay true to being competitive and the best USF can be. That means coaches have to be at their best as do the players. The work has to be put in. The accountability begins now.

I trust Taggart and Masiello with that. They will build teams, not individuals. They will make these guys tough. Their happiness will come from success, not a beachfront camp or a luxurious training facility. Losse will hurt. Wins will be celebrated. Being a team, important again.

When we get that contract from Steve Masiello filed away, it will truly be a whole new era for USF.

We are going to be tough and we are going to compete.

Get here Fall.

I mean didn't the previous administration hire Willie Taggart? Harlan is credited with Masiello and that's it.

It is a new era with new AD, new basketball HC and one-year head football coach.

Harlan's style is to be determined, but we know we have a couple demanding tough-love kind of coaches.

This previous Athletic Administration fired the passionate Jim Leavitt and brought you hug-hungry Holtz and soft touch Heath. Both are good men that filled the roles Genshaft and Woolard created.

With the turnover, and hopefully a strong willed, committed AD in Harlan, the Bulls can finally re-focus on just who the hell we are and not what we want people to view us as.

I hope Harlan, Taggart and Masiello stay true to being competitive and the best USF can be. That means coaches have to be at their best as do the players. The work has to be put in. The accountability begins now.

I trust Taggart and Masiello with that. They will build teams, not individuals. They will make these guys tough. Their happiness will come from success, not a beachfront camp or a luxurious training facility. Losse will hurt. Wins will be celebrated. Being a team, important again.

When we get that contract from Steve Masiello filed away, it will truly be a whole new era for USF.

Get here Fall.

I mean didn't the previous administration hire Willie Taggart?

Just your imagination ... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Get here Fall.

I mean didn't the previous administration hire Willie Taggart?

Just your imagination ... 

OK

Untrue.

So maybe we should start giving out participation trophies to teams that try really really hard but lose ...?

Save that for hbryan.

Masiello was proud with how Manhattan battled, played tough against Louisville. I am sure they did that much of the season and hence were not a losing team. But they did lose.

Big difference.

Get here Fall.

I mean didn't the previous administration hire Willie Taggart? Harlan is credited with Masiello and that's it.

I'm not crediting anybody for anything. We haven't done squat yet.

But when you sit back and look at our new trio and their potential compared to the past there is hope we will move forward.

Untrue.

Save that for hbryan.

Masiello was proud with how Manhattan battled, played tough against Louisville. I am sure they did that much of the season and hence were not a losing team. But they did lose.

Big difference.

Then stop making moral victories out of losses. You're ignoring my main point. I acquiesced that there ARE different types of losses but, regardless of how they lose, people don't come to watch losing teams. CSM is here to win, not make us feel better about how they lose ...