• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Getting Back to Toughness

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Untrue.

Losing when all options and effort is exhausted is palatable. Losing due to lack of preparation, effort, focus, desire, etc. is not.

If it is losing of the former type and not the latter, it will also be more infrequent.

So maybe we should start giving out participation trophies to teams that try really really hard but lose ...?

Save that for hbryan.

Masiello was proud with how Manhattan battled, played tough against Louisville. I am sure they did that much of the season and hence were not a losing team. But they did lose.

Big difference.

Then stop making moral victories out of losses. You're ignoring my main point. I acquiesced that there ARE different types of losses but, regardless of how they lose, people don't come to watch losing teams. CSM is here to win, not make us feel better about how they lose ...

How you got to that is beyond me.

I guess you are talking about losing teams and I am talking about teams that lose.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

The loss to McNeese state felt a lot different than the loss to Houston. 

The latter gave me some confidence, while the former made me want to take off my USF shirt and cry. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Untrue.

Losing when all options and effort is exhausted is palatable. Losing due to lack of preparation, effort, focus, desire, etc. is not.

If it is losing of the former type and not the latter, it will also be more infrequent.

So maybe we should start giving out participation trophies to teams that try really really hard but lose ...?

Save that for hbryan.

Masiello was proud with how Manhattan battled, played tough against Louisville. I am sure they did that much of the season and hence were not a losing team. But they did lose.

Big difference.

Hey, how the heck did I get drawn into this?  I like Masiello's approach and I'll stand behind him as a season ticket holder.  I'll even give him a year to deal with trying to convert soft players into harder players.  I think he'll do a much better job with talent on the team now and I'm hopeful he'll be able to recruit well for us.  I wanted others but that's water under the bridge and frankly, seeing him coach through some of the online videos made me a Bulliever that he could be successful.  How's that for positive outlook???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Untrue.

Save that for hbryan.

Big difference.

Then stop making moral victories out of losses. You're ignoring my main point. I acquiesced that there ARE different types of losses but, regardless of how they lose, people don't come to watch losing teams. CSM is here to win, not make us feel better about how they lose ...

How you got to that is beyond me.

I guess you are talking about losing teams and I am talking about teams that lose.

That would appear to be the difference .... Carry on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Untrue.

Save that for hbryan.

Big difference.

Hey, how the heck did I get drawn into this?  I like Masiello's approach and I'll stand behind him as a season ticket holder.  I'll even give him a year to deal with trying to convert soft players into harder players.  I think he'll do a much better job with talent on the team now and I'm hopeful he'll be able to recruit well for us.  I wanted others but that's water under the bridge and frankly, seeing him coach through some of the online videos made me a Bulliever that he could be successful.  How's that for positive outlook???

Just as a point of reference, what kind of car will CSM, hopefully, inherit?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Untrue.

Save that for hbryan.

Big difference.

Just as a point of reference, what kind of car will CSM, hopefully, inherit?

He doesn't have a Bugatti Veyron, Hennessey Venom, McLaren, Porsche, Ferrari or a Maserati, so I'm going to say he has a Chevrolet muscle car that's not exactly running in tip top condition.  That said, if he loses to Bethune-Cookman, Stetson, or Barry University I'll be all over him like a possum on roadkill.  

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Untrue.

I'll give you there are different types of losing but it's true that people don't come out to watch teams that lose .... except in rare cases, see Cubs, Chicago.

you can add the Mets, New York Knicks, etc. to that list as well.