• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dwayne Lawson, QB, Hillsborough HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Wow. I wonder what they can say to keep him?

You'll red shirt and then try to convince him Brad Kaaya will leave school as a Junior for the NFL draft (which is a complete unknown) so that would give him 3 years to play for them still? 

Most likely scenario is Kaaya stays until he is a senior and Lawson would have 2 years to play if they haven't brought in a QB better than him over the next 3 years.

Here's what they say.

How many UM QBs have played in the NFL?

Followed by: How many USF QBs have played in the NFL?

End of pitch...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

You'll red shirt and then try to convince him Brad Kaaya will leave school as a Junior for the NFL draft (which is a complete unknown) so that would give him 3 years to play for them still? 

Most likely scenario is Kaaya stays until he is a senior and Lawson would have 2 years to play if they haven't brought in a QB better than him over the next 3 years.

It happens every recruiting class with the big time recruiting schools. They bring in a 4/5 star QB recruit every year. Lawson is Miami's 4 star recruit for the year and they'll probably bring in another 4 star QB next year. If he isn't scared to compete and win the job when Kayaa leaves, then he'll stay. Not to mention, QB's get hurt all the time. He'll be 1 play/injury away from being the starter.

That's what they'll say. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Here's what they say.

How many UM QBs have played in the NFL?

Followed by: How many USF QBs have played in the NFL?

End of pitch...

.... I wasn't saying what could they say to keep him from going to USF. 

The kid has offers from Auburn, Florida, Nebraska, etc. Auburn's QB Marshall is a senior. Kaaya is a true freshman. He could go to just as good a football school as Miami but not be 100% for sure stuck behind someone for a minimum of the next 2-3 years.

It happends every recruiting class with the big time recruiting schools. They bring in a 4/5 star QB recruit every year. Lawson is Miami's 4 star recruit for the year and they'll probably bring in another 4 star QB next year. If he isn't scared to compete and win the job when Kayaa leaves, then he'll stay. Not to mention, QB's get hurt all the time. He'll be 1 play/injury away from being the starter.

I don't think Brad Kaaya as a true freshman happens every year but alright. I would think knowing going in you're not going to play for a minimum of 2-3 years unless there is an injury would make a guy like that reconsider. He's basing his college football career on hypotheticals at that point. Instead of going somewhere that he could compete right away to play. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

It happends every recruiting class with the big time recruiting schools. They bring in a 4/5 star QB recruit every year. Lawson is Miami's 4 star recruit for the year and they'll probably bring in another 4 star QB next year. If he isn't scared to compete and win the job when Kayaa leaves, then he'll stay. Not to mention, QB's get hurt all the time. He'll be 1 play/injury away from being the starter.

I don't think Brad Kaaya as a true freshman happens every year but alright. I would think knowing going in you're not going to play for a minimum of 2-3 years unless there is an injury would make a guy like that reconsider. He's basing his college football career on hypotheticals at that point. Instead of going somewhere that he could compete right away to play. 

And that's why you pay some of these guys $150-300k a year. They are able convince them to come on that hypothetical. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I get what you're saying, but you don't get how kids think and how recruiting works if you think that. I'll just copy and paste the top 30 DT QB's of this class. Everyone of them is going to a P5 school. It sucks, but it's just reality. I hope Lawson wants to stay home and have a shot at playing as a freshman because those are the only selling points I can think of.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3383

I get what you're saying, but you don't get how kids think and how recruiting works if you think that. I'll just copy and paste the top 30 DT QB's of this class. Everyone of them is going to a P5 school. It sucks, but it's just reality. I hope Lawson wants to stay home and have a shot at playing as a freshman because those are the only selling points I can think of.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3383

I understand the P5 school thing. But I'm sure there are plenty of P5 schools without a stud at QB like Miami who is a true freshman. I guess we will see what happens.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If he doesn't believe he can go in and oust the starter, then he has no business going to school like Miami in the first place.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

Just announced his decommitment from Miami. VTech fans believe he is theirs.