• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BaseBulls 4-0 - Omaha Bound!!! 5-1 Final

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We have some tough competition coming up. I hope we can stay competitive...

Bingo.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

For basketball people were saying Relax, we're fine.  We're 8-2 after the FAMU game.  There were obvious signs that things would go south. 

Don't get me wrong, 4-0 is great, but until we see what happens against Penn State, we don't really know where we realistically stand.  We won a handful of games a good team should win and that's great, but Penn State is the first real test.  Followed by a road match up with Stetson, who is generally pretty decent.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

I really think we have finally turned the corner to become good again. We have some young guys that are players. I am optimistic we could make a regional for the first time in 12 years.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I would not put much stock in Penn State.  The Big 10 is not a baseball powerhouse.  Now if you were talking about Florida State, then that is a big test for USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

You guys crack me up. I know it is hard in this day and age of USF athletics to stay positive BUT we are 4-0 (That is crazy for any USF squad except maybe mens tennis) ......We actually we are hitting .333 as a team and averaging over 7 runs a game so far.  UMMMMMM I would take that for a season average all day long. Our pitching has been lights out 1.00 ERA........... our defense has actually been struggling with 7 errors in 4 games.  Again 4-0 with a 3 game set against Penn St. Come out eat some peanuts and drink a few $7 beers

I don't think anyone is complaining that we're 4 - 0.  But the lack of HRs against lesser pitching can be a foreshadowing of things to come.  Whereas the .333 isn't likely to continue against better teams.  So I'm thrilled we are 4 - 0 but I would feel better about things if there were a couple of long balls in there.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

5-0. Killed the ball last night and Hegert was Hegert. We have some young talent boys

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

And nice to see a long ball.  Had our grandson at the game and was waiting for some friends so didn't pay attention like a normally do.  But the kid that hit the HR was a Fr playing 3B.  Like to see some pop from the corner infield positions.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

USF beat Penn State 19-1.

I told you Penn State was not a test for the baseball team.  Do not put much stock in some "big name" schools.  Just because Penn State has a long history in football, it does not mean they excel in other sports.  They have been playing in the Big 10 for a long time, and their basketball program is worse than ours.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah, Stetson is looking like the first thing that could resemble a test. They started the season 0-3 against a pretty good Ole Miss team so they're 1-4 record is a bit misleading.

Our first real test will be against what is supposed to be a top 10, possibly top 5 FSU team.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

USF beat Penn State 19-1.

I told you Penn State was not a test for the baseball team.  Do not put much stock in some "big name" schools.  Just because Penn State has a long history in football, it does not mean they excel in other sports.  They have been playing in the Big 10 for a long time, and their basketball program is worse than ours.

I REALLY HATE THOSE 19-1 WINS.