• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's not Just USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It's a downward trend and it will never stabilize. The problem is the networks have made the live game on TV better to watch than going to the game. 60 inch/1080p LCD's with rising quality (4k TV's won't be overpriced forever) with replays from every angle, close ups, mics everywhere. People are realizing it's much cheaper and sometimes more enjoyable to watch the game at home with friends and family with a loaded fridge of beer and the bathroom 30 feet away. I've noticed a lot of my friends and myself included have started trending towards skipping games. I think the only type of teams that will always be ok are the small college town teams. Those communities will always support them because that's where a large amount of revenue is generated for those small cities. Having a crappy teams doesn't help either, but it's definitely a downward trend if you're paying attention.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Building an OCS will help get seats sold.  Make a fun and safe atmosphere for tailgating at the OCS.  Make flow of traffic in and out of OCS effortless.  These are good starters for USF.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

This isn't news. I thought I posted about this on TBP. Even Bama isn't selling out. Bowl attendance continues to drop. What it means is that the viewing audience will mens that much more in terms of revenue.

Edited by slick1ru2

Building an OCS will help get seats sold.  Make a fun and safe atmosphere for tailgating at the OCS.  Make flow of traffic in and out of OCS effortless.  These are good starters for USF.

Uh, no. Even Minn is seeing declining ticket sales and they have the best new stadium.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/176987511.html

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

How would that be accomplished???

Seriously, Fletcher is a disaster now, imagine after a football game.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Pneumatic tubes?

ku-medium.jpgintelitubediagram.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Look at how video gaming leagues are taking off, now. I know students at several colleges who prefer playing in their on-line video gaming leagues over going to a live football game. This is becoming more and more prevalent among the younger set.

As we find out the amount of information stream a human brain can handle, we are seeing the need to provide more and more sources of stimulation to keep the mind engaged. I for one, watch as many as 3 games simultaneously at home and keep live stats active for each game. And I'm of the older set. I find myself spending more time on my phone, even at basketball games, following stat lines and even the play by play at times.

Any stadium design and future NFL stadium upgrades must take that sort of thing into account. Multiple video screens showing replays from different angles, live stats, live fantasy stats, player breakdowns, crowd cutaways, advertisements, and even analysis, all active simultaneously, will be needed to keep the fans interested and coming to the games.

It's about more than the game, now.

Edited by swamprat
  • Upvote 1

Look at how video gaming leagues are taking off, now. I know students at several colleges who prefer playing in their on-line video gaming leagues over going to a live football game. This is becoming more and more prevalent among the younger set.As we find out the amount of information stream a human brain can handle, we are seeing the need to provide more and more sources of stimulation to keep the mind engaged. I for one, watch as many as 3 games simultaneously at home and keep live stats active for each game. And I'm of the older set. I find myself spending more time on my phone, even at basketball games, following stat lines and even the play by play at times.Any stadium design and future NFL stadium upgrades must take that sort of thing into account. Multiple video screens showing replays from different angles, live stats, live fantasy stats, player breakdowns, crowd cutaways, advertisements, and even analysis, all active simultaneously, will be needed to keep the fans interested and coming to the games.It's about more than the game, now.

Well since they won't make the NCAA version again, that leaves Madden. I think it's the quality and size of TV with the quality of broadcasts along with the costs of going to games that's keeping people home.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

How would that be accomplished???

Monorail system. Or take the boat.