• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dog & the tree

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Good read in Voodoofive

http://www.voodoofive.com/2014/2/13/5408822/dog-and-tree-ii

We should be beyond this performance with Heath. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

We just cant seem to put anything together.  There is no leadership, nobody to push the team. Would be great if AC could come in and light a fire.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

id prefer AC redshirts

we are going nowhere this year

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

id prefer AC redshirts

Hopefully they've already applied .... if that's how it works.

id prefer AC redshirts

Hopefully they've already applied .... if that's how it works.

have to play less than 30% of games in season.  I think AC played 7 games out of 30 in the season so he should qualify.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

As usual, the Voodoo Five guys come up with an article that serves only to make their point while leaving out pretty much most of the facts.

I do agree that we should be a better team and i do agree that we should have higher expectations for the program and for the team.  However, in the article they go about stating how most of the old USF teams were comprised of new comers to the program.  Funny, but aren't Perry, Egbunu and Heath all TRUE freshman?  doesn't TRUE freshman mean that they are newcomers?  It also means they are raw talents with a lot to learn.  Isn't Corey Allen jr a newcomer to the program? Plus, throw in McClendon for good measure, That is five guys right there playing at this level of basketball for the first time and one wasn't even expected to play at all this year. (there are only 11 guys on the roster, take away Collins being hurt and if you just take Omoghebin away, that is really 5 out of 9 guys playing at this level for the first time).

Now we turn to Victor Rudd.  Once Collins went down, we were left with Rudd for leadership (on the court anyway.  I can't say what kind of locker room leader he is...May be good, may not be a strong leader just don't know).  For all the guy's amazing athleticism and highlight reel dunks, at the beginning of the year, did anyone ever really stop and think how points a game he could realistically give us?  Did you think the guy was going to give you 30 points a night.  What would you base that on?  His first three years he has never averaged more than 12 points a game.  You want to turn to Brock for points?  OK great, he has a few good games, but since being here at USF at this high level of competition, prior to this year he averaged 5 points a game.  

Yeah, I know it sucks that we are the dog again this year, but  with NEWCOMERS, Perry, Egbunu and Allen leading the way plus the return of Collins next year, that is a good foundation for building next year and into the future.  Then add depth with the 2 guys redshirting this year plus whatever you get out of the incoming freshmen the program finally has the best foundation it has ever had.

I do want to see more out of Leday and especially Hawkins.  Their lack of contribution this year has been my only true disappointment in the season so far.  I am disdusted at the final scores of a few of the games, but on the whole if anyone really sat down and looked what was on the floor at the beginning of the season, this year is not a real surpise. 

As usual, the Voodoo Five guys come up with an article that serves only to make their point while leaving out pretty much most of the facts.

I do agree that we should be a better team and i do agree that we should have higher expectations for the program and for the team.  However, in the article they go about stating how most of the old USF teams were comprised of new comers to the program.  Funny, but aren't Perry, Egbunu and Heath all TRUE freshman?  doesn't TRUE freshman mean that they are newcomers?  It also means they are raw talents with a lot to learn.  Isn't Corey Allen jr a newcomer to the program? Plus, throw in McClendon for good measure, That is five guys right there playing at this level of basketball for the first time and one wasn't even expected to play at all this year. (there are only 11 guys on the roster, take away Collins being hurt and if you just take Omoghebin away, that is really 5 out of 9 guys playing at this level for the first time).

Now we turn to Victor Rudd.  Once Collins went down, we were left with Rudd for leadership (on the court anyway.  I can't say what kind of locker room leader he is...May be good, may not be a strong leader just don't know).  For all the guy's amazing athleticism and highlight reel dunks, at the beginning of the year, did anyone ever really stop and think how points a game he could realistically give us?  Did you think the guy was going to give you 30 points a night.  What would you base that on?  His first three years he has never averaged more than 12 points a game.  You want to turn to Brock for points?  OK great, he has a few good games, but since being here at USF at this high level of competition, prior to this year he averaged 5 points a game.  

Yeah, I know it sucks that we are the dog again this year, but  with NEWCOMERS, Perry, Egbunu and Allen leading the way plus the return of Collins next year, that is a good foundation for building next year and into the future.  Then add depth with the 2 guys redshirting this year plus whatever you get out of the incoming freshmen the program finally has the best foundation it has ever had.

I do want to see more out of Leday and especially Hawkins.  Their lack of contribution this year has been my only true disappointment in the season so far.  I am disdusted at the final scores of a few of the games, but on the whole if anyone really sat down and looked what was on the floor at the beginning of the season, this year is not a real surpise. 

My Grandma's wheel chair team from her condo could beat us this year.  Face it, we have talent, we cant motivate it, we clearly cant coach it... yet you think it will be different next season.  Put down the pipe and get to steppin.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

You spoke the truth, In a very sound manner.  I would hope we could have avoided the childish responses, but either most don't understand, or just want to argue.  Act like adults or go back to your facebook page

sounds like somebody is having another Valentine's Day home all alone....  It's a message board.  People can have different opinions.   Obviously my grandma's wheel chair team is not that good.  Jeez.