• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jaime Wilson, WMU WR to transfer to ??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I wouldn't be so sure about a hardship transfer. Mike Blakely tried to do that with us at USF and was denied by the NCAA. If it was that easy he would have been playing for us a year or two ago already.

Having a kid isn't always grounds for immediate eligibility.

I thought Blakely's hangup wasn't the hardship part, it was his academics since it was going to be his third D1 school and fourth overall. I seem to remember the NCAA telling him he needed his AA since he was coming from a JuCo as a junior.

I thought I remembered reading about how the NCAA denied his hardship so he had to wait a year...let me see if I can find something on it..

Here it is:

http://www.bradenton.com/2014/01/15/4936675/commentary-former-manatee-football.html

"The 5-foot-9. 205-pounder left Auburn after the 2012 season and thought he was headed for USF.He was banking on the NCAA granting him a hardship waiver because he was coming home to take care of his 1-year-old son Mike III.Like most college athletes, Blakely was naïve to believe in the NCAA.College football's ruling body said he could not play for a third Division I school until he secured an associate's degree."

You were right. 3rd D1 school, 4th overall.

Sounds like the article I read. I think you remembered the first half and I remembered the second half.

So, where is Blakely going?

i don't think that's been determined yet

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Do we need another WR?  

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Do we need another WR?  

We had zero receivers last year who were able to successfully combine skill, effort, and football IQ.  So I'm gonna say we need all the help we can get.

Do we need another WR?  

We had zero receivers last year who were able to successfully combine skill, effort, and football IQ.  So I'm gonna say we need all the help we can get.

To be fair, much of that was due to the QB/OL issues we had, but you are correct in large part.  I guess we can use another guy with experience with hopes of redshirting one or two of the many offensive playmakers we just got signed LOIs for.  

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Do we need another WR?  

To be fair, much of that was due to the QB/OL issues we had, but you are correct in large part.  I guess we can use another guy with experience with hopes of redshirting one or two of the many offensive playmakers we just got signed LOIs for.  

I agree, the team as a whole was ineffective.  But we had only really two receivers with any real talent last year (Davis and Dunkley), and of those, one could obviously couldn't care less (Davis) and one seems to not understand simple route running or anything else for that matter (Dunkley).  I think that with effective WR play, it will take some of the pressure off the QB and OL to make big plays that - let's face it - they just aren't talented enough to make.  At this stage in the recovery process, we really only need a minimally functional passing offense to let us play aggressive D and run the ball down the other team's throats.  I think Adams, McCants, and anyone else they can get their hands on would be a welcome step to that.

All that said I bet this kid ends up somewhere other than USF.

Edited by WWMJD

Yep, good post.  I agree. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What ever happened to Mut post-injury? Has he become a total non-factor?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What ever happened to Mut post-injury? Has he become a total non-factor?

His nose is just cold...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Do we need another WR?  

I agree that we need skill players who can make an impact...he could.  But even if as a KR, that'd be a boost.

I do think we need a QB to feed these guys, and OL to give QBs time.  Lots of tethering needed to make a successful offense here.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Do we need another WR?  

I agree, the team as a whole was ineffective.  But we had only really two receivers with any real talent last year (Davis and Dunkley), and of those, one could obviously couldn't care less (Davis) and one seems to not understand simple route running or anything else for that matter (Dunkley).  I think that with effective WR play, it will take some of the pressure off the QB and OL to make big plays that - let's face it - they just aren't talented enough to make.  At this stage in the recovery process, we really only need a minimally functional passing offense to let us play aggressive D and run the ball down the other team's throats.  I think Adams, McCants, and anyone else they can get their hands on would be a welcome step to that.

All that said I bet this kid ends up somewhere other than USF.

Agree 100%.

I hope we have the talent to push these two to get 100% out of these two, or let'em ride the pine.