• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting 2010-2013

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

That's a bit misleading. 2013 would have been AW. So CWT, in the midst of what every single person who has ever watched USF football is calling a QB problem, has brought in 2. Pretty much the same rate.

I don't know what makes you think AW would have stuck if Holtz had stayed.
The same thing that makes you think he wouldn't have. Except I have the benefit of at least pointing to the fact that he was committed. You've just decided no one would ever sign with Holtz.

And had decommitted the first time WHILE Holtz was around.

..He was looking for bigger offers and IMO would have left anyways if any bigger offer (like UCLA) came in

Exactly. In your opinion. Fact is, he was committed into December when Holtz was canned. Had plenty of other offers on the table but didn't commit elsewhere.

And you stated YOUR opinion, which is NOT fact.

We don't know if he would have stayed or not... but he already established a precedent that he was not 100% with Skip.

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

That's a bit misleading. 2013 would have been AW. So CWT, in the midst of what every single person who has ever watched USF football is calling a QB problem, has brought in 2. Pretty much the same rate.

The same thing that makes you think he wouldn't have. Except I have the benefit of at least pointing to the fact that he was committed. You've just decided no one would ever sign with Holtz.

..He was looking for bigger offers and IMO would have left anyways if any bigger offer (like UCLA) came in

Exactly. In your opinion. Fact is, he was committed into December when Holtz was canned. Had plenty of other offers on the table but didn't commit elsewhere.

We don't know if he would have stayed or not... but he already established a precedent that he was not 100% with Skip.

So did Flowers. Yet he stuck around. Or is that different since it's CWT? Edited by JTrue

So did Flowers. Yet he stuck around. Or is that different since it's CWT?

No .. it's different because it's not speculating, or guessing on what if's... IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

No .. it's different because it's not speculating, or guessing on what if's... IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

So it's speculating when I say he was committed, but you know he wasn't 100% commuted to Holtz?

So it's speculating when I say he was committed, but you know he wasn't 100% commuted to Holtz?

I said in the past he set a precedent... I didn't say he was or wasn't committed to Holtz at the time..

Which is what I'm arguing.. WE (you and every one else) DO NOT KNOW if he was or wasn't going to sign with USF.

You on the other hand are arguing that you know he would have committed.

The fact is you DO NOT KNOW.. no one does... and to argue this makes you appear more and more foolish

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Bottom line is that the entire time Holtz was here, he recruited two QBs, one of whom didn't stay on the team, and the other was woefully incompetent in the time he spent on the field.

We'll never know about AW because Holtz coached himself out of a job in 2012.

Cupboard was bare and full of dust.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Aw's dad (or at least the guy that claimed to be his dad) was on the tenn and nc state message boards talking all kinds of garbage. I would have been very surprised if aw would have stuck around if holtz had stayed.

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Yeah, but White has already done more for USF in 1/2 season than Gunsby & Floyd have, combined, times 20.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I don't understand how my post was misleading. The three years I referenced were 2010..2011...2012....not 2013. Not comparing CSH to CWT.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Bottom line is that the entire time Holtz was here, he recruited two QBs, one of whom didn't stay on the team, and the other was woefully incompetent in the time he spent on the field.

We'll never know about AW because Holtz coached himself out of a job in 2012.

Cupboard was bare and full of dust.

+1